VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 16, 2020, 06:01 PM
Trusted Editor

I replaced the track titles with ones from Spotify, with the fix that the spaces around the dashes for subtitles being cleaned up. (They're on Spotify like "CHIKAI - KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-" and I cleaned them up to be "CHIKAI -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-". The old track titles had both parenthesis and dashes which were confusing, and some track titles were missing subtitles altogether. (Like 121, "HIKARI -KINGDOM Tres Orchestra Instrumental Version-")
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:14 AM
VGMdb Staff

There are several versions of formatting on the digital platforms.
Amazon and Deezer have both parenthesis and dashes, iTunes parenthesis, Spotify as you said additional space after the first dash only and so on.

Rather than making it a hybrid, I'd choose one storefront and stick with it verbatim (at least as the "default" tracklist).

Last edited by Efendija; Nov 17, 2020 at 01:09 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I think it looks good how it is now. These streaming platforms seem to have individual formatting standards they apply; possibly automated. As someone who has submitted my own music to these storefronts, I can say for a fact they will just mess with formatting for no apparent reason. Best to keep things to the way they're handled in the CD OST as that's closest to what the creators had in mind.