VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 7, 2008, 09:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I was poking through GMCL and found that Yu-ichi Hirose was credited for composition for this game (as well as the first Grand Battle, Vattroller X for the GBA, and Jump Super Stars for the DS). Dunno if anyone else did any music for it or not.

Figured this would interest at least Secret Squirrel.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 03:41 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Good find. I just looked in my liner notes, and there are individual credits for the vocal songs that are on the album. I'll have to try to figure them out tonight, but I did see Kohei Tanaka's name for one.

EDIT: Added info for the main vocal track.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 07:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Englished up a couple of the names. 広谷順子 is Junko Hirotani and 佐々木久美 is Kumi Sasaki. I'm not positive on the last one, but it could be Taeko Saito.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The album scans don't seem to explicitly list the non-vocal composers anywhere, and I couldn't find credits for either Grand Battle game, so I wonder if others besides Hirose were responsible for the BGM. The track-by-track commentary was written by four different people: Hirose (credited only as recording director & engineer from Ganbarion), 渡辺靖仁 (Yasuhito Watanabe? Recording engineer from Synclef), DARK. (recording engineer from Synclef), and Yoshiya Tanaka (producer from Bandai).
Old Dec 4, 2019, 02:16 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Grand Battle: "Music Director: Yuichi Hirose"
Grand Battle 2: "BGM Production: Yuichi Hirose, Yasuhito Watanabe (Synclef), DARK. (Synclef)"