VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:29 AM

Please note that this is not a child album of PCCG-00454 due to the fact that this version is missing two tracks (unless you want to start adding child albums with tracklist differences). In addition, the scans currently up for the Pony Canyon release actually belong to this version.

This album was made available through a Nintendo Power catalog, so I filled in the details according to other catalog releases.

EDIT: Chudah's Corner and SE Music Online have some dinky thumbnails of the Pony Canyon release. Google Image Search is of no help, either.

Last edited by Judge Ito; Sep 29, 2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 03:57 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I found a slightly better one for the Pony Canyon version.

Also, my notes indicate a catalog number of 3181-1-1 for this album, but I can't find any validation.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 08:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Not sure why Hideaki Shimizu was listed in arrangement credits when he was the sound engineer, so I got rid of that and added in the performance credits as well. There wasn't anything explicit saying he arranged track 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Also, my notes indicate a catalog number of 3181-1-1 for this album, but I can't find any validation.
I wouldn't know, but the catalog number might only be shown on the back of the disc, in the center.

Last edited by Liontamer; Sep 29, 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
Not sure why Hideaki Shimizu was listed in arrangement credits when he was the sound engineer, so I got rid of that and added in the performance credits as well. There wasn't anything explicit saying he arranged track 14.
I only filled that in according to the notes from the Pony Canyon release, so thank you for clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
I wouldn't know, but the catalog number might only be shown on the back of the disc, in the center.
Is that so? In that case, my disc has two numbers: 3142-1-1 and 1080-RE1
Old Sep 29, 2008, 05:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

1080-RE1 sounds like a more plausible candidate.
Old May 27, 2011, 02:36 PM

I'm wondering how this was acquired back when it was released. I used to get Nintendo Power and I never got any CDs with any issues. Obviously, you probably had to buy this from a special kind of issue or something. Well, I had issue 106, which is the 1080° Snowboarding issue (it's even the game that's on the cover), but I know for certain I didn't get any CD with it.

I'm just kind of curious.
Old May 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't have time to verify this right this moment, but I expect this CD was sold through the Nintendo Power Supplies catalog and not actually enclosed with a specific issue.
Old May 27, 2011, 03:07 PM

Ohhhhhhhh... the Super Power Supplies catalogs. I totally remember those now, I remember never buying anything from them but always wishing I could. Here, I found the one with 1080:

http://www.videogamemm.com/v/Catalog...geViewsIndex=1

This brings back a lot of memories.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm even this smart to realize this but because you've led me in this direction, CHz, I've actually realized where all the odd xxxx-MNTHyr catalog numbers are coming from for US-released game soundtrack CDs, like I asked in Killer Cuts. Take this for example, it's DKC2's soundtrack and that CD in our entry here has the catalog number 7245-Winter95. Well, the item number for that CD is #7245, and the issue is the Super Power Supplies Catalog Winter 1995 edition. I totally get it now, even though I think that's the most BS catalog numbers ever, but at least I understand where they are coming from now. Yay!

Last edited by Medina; May 27, 2011 at 03:14 PM.