VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:51 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Square Enix Music has just announced a Piano Collections Final Fantasy I-II-III is in the works, first sample on the TGS sampler!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:26 AM

Meh. Wake me up if a XII PC is announced.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:37 AM

Cool! Been waiting for that for a long time. Now we just need a piano collection for FFXII and I'll be satisfied.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:36 AM

Those are great news. I was waiting for that also.
I just hope they arrange I-II-III like they did with the last ones (X-2, VII, etc.) and not like the first piano arrangements (IV-V-VI). Btw I think they need to be rearranged too. So much potential wasted (Gilgamesh for instance) =(

KH and VII arrangements were just great....
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:11 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It will be arranged and performed by Hiroyuki Nakayama.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor

we can trust Nakayama. The Piacoms tracks are solid IMO. Can't wait for I-II-III
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:04 PM

I'd have thought of an ff i, ii piano (like with that symphony) and then an ff iii piano
not a piano for the three

sakimoto can play piano btw?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 09:09 PM

We can say all the synthesizer piano pieces from him is his performance, indeed, since he (and many other composers) makes MIDI sequence data in a real time recording mode, while notes, velocity and such would be often subsequently tweaked in the step input feature.

Perhaps he doesn't posse skills of professional quality, though.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Square Enix Music has just announced a Piano Collections Final Fantasy I-II-III is in the works!
Really? AWESOME! I was just thinking how I'd love to hear some piano arrangements from those games.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:16 PM

I'm giving Patrick credit for seeding this idea with Tsukushi and Shiraishi at our interview last year at Comic Con. Can't wait to hear this album. Now we just gotta wait and see if they complete the series with a XII piano album.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcubalis View Post
I'm giving Patrick credit for seeding this idea with Tsukushi and Shiraishi at our interview last year at Comic Con. Can't wait to hear this album. Now we just gotta wait and see if they complete the series with a XII piano album.
I've been pushing it forever. I mentioned it to Uematsu at Anime Boston too, but of course he said Square Enix would have to push for that, not his Dog Ear label.

As you'd mentioned on OSV, I think there's a damn good chance of XII coming after that Valkyria Chronicles album showcased that Sakimoto piano arrangements are a damn good idea. SE would be foolish not to jump in on it.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:15 PM

Yeah, well. We'll see. The way Tsukushi and Shiraishi responded to the question last year about a Piano Collections I-II-III CD made it seem as though they hadn't even considered it. This year they hinted an announcement would be coming soon. I'm surprised to see th Elshaddai thing here, as well as Bravely Default and Theatrhythm. Way to not build hype for the albums by non-announcing them. Surprised NieR piano isn't there as well.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:29 PM
VGMdb Advisor

The way Nier piano album was announced seems to imply production has only just started, probably just like these Seiken Densetsu albums by Kikuta and Shimomura. At least for Piano Collections I II III they were able to record one track a few weeks ago.

Not sure if they will release a soundtrack for Theatrhythm as there will be only a few new arrangements. Maybe an iTunes release.

For Bravely Default it's only the trailer theme, but it seems they have quite a big announcement for this title as far as music is concerned so they won't be giving any new information until next year.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 07:35 AM

The idea of a FFI-III PC has been around for a long time (in the fan community for over five years). An official production dedicated to it was planned in 2009, but that actually evolved into something else...

Last edited by Chris; Sep 16, 2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:25 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I've added a final Japanese tracklist, attempted a translation and also added credits based on what we know so far.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:31 AM
Trusted Editor

Hmm, could the existance of the CHAOS RINGS Ω track here indicate a physical release of the soundtrack in the future?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:32 PM

IS anyone going to be purchasing an extra copy of this? I would love to get my hands on a physical copy
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:43 PM

Hirota says he isn't the arranger of the Prelude theme so if that is why he's tagged as arranger, then it needs to be corrected.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Hmm I've edited the credits but I have to say Square Enix pointed to him being the arranger of the game during TGS, so it's weird.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:21 AM

Oh, he said to "stay tuned for more information hehehe..." so he is arranging some music, but perhaps not all of it.

https://twitter.com/#!/kulko_yh/stat...59652117741568
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:45 AM

Update from Hirota:

I'm sorry.By my tweet, you might misunderstand it. My company did the sound design of the game. But, I don't arrange it at all.

I was a sound team supervisor. All the arrangers of this game are young and excellent! Please wait for information.