VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:25 PM
VGMdb Staff

Default Why are artists/albums not automatically linked to each other?

I've noticed on quite a few albums that the artists are listed in in plain text rather than as a link to the artist's page. This causes the album not to be listed on the artist's page.

Also, unrelated: Why am I not allowed to delete an album cover that I uploaded myself?

I uploaded a cover to an album today but the image URL was incorrect so a blank cover was uploaded in it's place. I immediately tried to delete the blank cover but it wouldn't give me permission. Perhaps you should allow the user a certain amount of time after uploading to delete it.

Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 03:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, the artists have to be linked manually. This allows for an extra layer of verification, and prevents errors or misspellings from making it onto the artist discographies.

About deleting our own submissions, someone asked that the other day too. Anyway, that was part of the original intent so we will probably implement that at some point in the future. For now, if you just rename the scan to "delete me", it will help us to notice and delete it for you.