VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 2, 2012, 02:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Are we sure that all these Frank Klepacki tracks were all freely downloadable? There was a case recently where somebody found a private web-link that had some music that was not meant for public release.
Old May 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I am awaiting some answers about the massive number of Frank Klepacki's recent additions.

I am pretty sure Franck did not have a website before 2001, so some of these entries are weird.
Old May 9, 2012, 02:51 PM

Ok, to clear things up, all the submissions were released back some years on Frank Klepacki's official homepage. Unfortunately I can't recall the year but back then the page was all pink and gold (so, resetting the year to 'unknown' would be best). They were playable via an online player. The files had some strange numbering and no tagging but the playing order was obvious.
Old May 9, 2012, 02:58 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't think that we should catalog these soundtracks that only play in online players when you visit a website. That doesn't really constitute a release. It's kind of like if I go to the Ghibli Museum in Tokyo, and they are playing Totoro music in the lobby; that isn't a release either.
Old May 9, 2012, 03:40 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Yeah i am agree and i have refused this kind of entries in the past.
Streaming music (especially on a composer website) is more like a showcase or portfolio of Audio. They are not meant to be downloaded, so can't be considered as releases.
Old May 9, 2012, 03:49 PM
Trusted Editor

Seriously, what's next? Adding these sampler sites where you can listen to music snippets from currently unreleased albums?

I agree with Myrkul, this doesn't really belong here. The GOG "releases" are already borderline, but this...
Old May 9, 2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I agree with Myrkul, this doesn't really belong here. The GOG "releases" are already borderline, but this...
Why? They're legitimate releases done by the game publisher and are no different from CDs included with physical games. Except they're digital.

(But yeah, this Emperor one shouldn't be on the site.)
Old May 9, 2012, 11:05 PM
Trusted Editor

Because their releases are "brimming with professionality", if you get my drift