VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 9, 2022, 03:22 AM

Question Why are some Artists in a darker shade of Blue?

Well. I tried looking for it, but i haven't found anything conclusive.

https://vgmdb.net/album/77485
Here Hirokazu Ando and Jun Ishikawa are in a darker shade of blue. What exactly does it mean?

I personally think there should be a note somewhere on the site like for the color code of the albums. Same for the yellow asterisk, which I eventually found. Maybe I just couldn't find it though.

Thanks
Old May 9, 2022, 04:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

A dark blue name (or a dark blue asterisk by an unlinked name) means the artist is "referenced", which means that they didn't have any involvement in the album, but their music was used. You will mostly find these on arrange/remix albums published by any source other than the official ones. You will also find it in cases where a theme is borrowed and incorporated or covered in another work like a game or album.

And yeah, we probably should document this somewhere.
Old May 9, 2022, 06:48 AM
Trusted Editor

Also: The yellow asterisk means the artist is "uncredited". That means they are not listed in the album's credits but are known to have worked on it from other sources (like interviews or social media posts).