VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 5, 2021, 07:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Added a more complete credits breakdown.
@winterberry

Hey, winterberry

I wanted to say, you are doing a great job cleaning up the Persona albums, but I have a couple of comments.

On this (and others) you removed `All tracks were composed and arranged by Shoji Meguro.` and replaced it with an individual credit for each BGM track. I understand the purpose, but it is a lot of duplication of information that can be expressed more compactly in the notes. We've moved towards being compact where we can because it is cleaner and easier to browse the page to find the info you need. We also are modifying everything to represent the credits as they appear on the printed or published materials, though with an album like this, the credits are assembled from other releases. But imagine a soundtrack with 1 vocal and 99 BGM tracks all by the same composer/arranger, and how it would look if we credited each track one-by-one in the notes.

We also try not to include the track titles in the notes (unless they are part of the printed credits in some way) because we don't have a way to show all versions (original, translated, romaji, etc.), and it is easy for them to become out of sync with the actual tracklist if there are edits there.

I think what you really want (as a feature) is the ability to add credits to a track in the tracklist, and I promise that is coming. However, it might be a long wait; we're still working through modifying all the albums to support the new artist credit system.

BTW, one thing that you could do on this album that would be very beneficial is to indicate which tracks come from which games. I don't think any published source for this album does that, but you've got the knowledge once you've assembled all those credits.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 08:44 AM

Ok, I'll make the credits on the notes more compact and include the origin of each track.

Thanks for letting me know, and sorry for making you have to write all that.

Last edited by winterberry; Jun 6, 2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 09:26 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Actually, looks like your later edits are pretty compact.