VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 13, 2017, 08:57 AM

That Jamtex! I put on a couple of inquiries about his CD's. He never cares about it.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 01:55 PM

When it comes to the marketplace, you take the good with the bad. I've had successful interactions with several sellers, while being ignored by others. As long as you don't let the non-responses bother you, using the marketplace is still a win (IMO).

Also, if you avoid messaging sellers who are no longer active here (e.g. "Warning: This User has not logged into the site in 2529 days"), you'll be ignored less often
Old Jul 17, 2017, 02:49 AM

According to the current stats, roughly about 6000 albums are being sold by 200 members. I wonder the former number would look like if we exclude a certain store, and what the latter number would look like if we exclude the "not logged into the site in x days" members (e.g. one year or more).
Old Mar 14, 2018, 08:19 PM

What about Lackadaisical? He used to respond to my messages. Do you suppose he’s busy? Also Jamtex, I don’t know when he will respond? Porter usually responds to me every once in a while, however.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 08:52 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalex2014 View Post
What about Lackadaisical? He used to respond to my messages. Do you suppose he’s busy? Also Jamtex, I don’t know when he will respond? Porter usually responds to me every once in a while, however.
Who are you asking? If someone isn't responding to your messages there is nothing anyone in this thread can do. All anyone can do here is propose technical solutions to the marketplace saturation and stale accounts problem, which is completely different from them not responding to a user. If you really want something, keep trying to engage them in conversation, otherwise let it go.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:32 PM

Is there a cap on the Warning: This User has not logged into the site in x days tally? Because I see one for 2555 days, which is exactly 7 years, not counting leap year days.

I also believe at some point of inactivity, these should just be dropped.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
According to the current stats, roughly about 6000 albums are being sold by 200 members. I wonder the former number would look like if we exclude a certain store, and what the latter number would look like if we exclude the "not logged into the site in x days" members (e.g. one year or more).
Mildly interesting - it's been a year and a half since my previous post and the numbers are basically the same. It shouldn't be too surprising I guess, that's just reflecting the reality of today's physical and digital goods markets.

In regards to the green "not logged in for x days" message, for any particular album that is for sale, I see the green quite more often than not. The myriad folks who have gone MIA are somewhat amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
Or just change the system to make it easier to add an album and its price at the same time...
I didn't give this much thought in the past, but now that I have more than a handful of albums to sell, this couldn't be more true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
The whole marketplace needs a complete purge. It's a wasteland right now.
With my "mildly interesting" observation above, I suppose one could argue that the marketplace doesn't need anything, much less a purge. Sellers aren't really clamouring to offload their wares based on those numbers so there's not too much demand for a change. The current status quo is easier.

In addition, if I remember correctly (and I might remember wrong), someone said that the addition of the Marketplace vgmdb was more of an afterthought (no offence), it was just a bonus to the main attraction (i.e. the database). Still, I think the vgmdb marketplace forum looks and functions better than the other marketplace forums I've used, and it would be even better with some improvements (e.g. add album to sell in one click etc). It also has a few advantages over eBay:
  • Far less likely to come across bootleg albums
  • VGM enthusiasts who know what they're dealing with (e.g. more trustworthy than the average eBay)
  • eBay has no separate category for VGM albums (more an eBay fault) which makes finding albums a hassle (doubly so with the existence of bootlegs)

Anyhoo, back to scavenging on the wastelands.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 06:56 AM
Trusted Editor

Ever asked yourself why his username is lackadaisical?

I've had some transactions with him in the past but yeah, he hasn't responded lately. I'd also be interested in some stuff he has for sale.

Apart from this I think it would be a good idea to automatically remove sales offers from users who haven't logged in for let's say a year.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 07:27 AM

Been here for 12 years. Never managed to buy, sell or trade anything. All done on other forums or websites. Sad!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyrali View Post
Basically, I and maybe others are having a real problem with user Lackadasical. User has many items for sale but will not respond to my inquiries. I've noticed he's logged on a handful of times, seemingly ignores messages.
Yeah! Can't blame you! I've PM'd him many times too!
Old Nov 1, 2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Ever asked yourself why his username is lackadaisical?

I've had some transactions with him in the past but yeah, he hasn't responded lately. I'd also be interested in some stuff he has for sale.

Apart from this I think it would be a good idea to automatically remove sales offers from users who haven't logged in for let's say a year.
You've had this dilemma too as me!