VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:34 PM

Default Hundreds of old game soundtracks available on iTunes

Hi all!

I was wondering why used Falcom albums have dropped in price lately and it looks like they've added their old back catalogue to iTunes!
I've been looking around and there's at least a couple of hundred albums there from SquareEnix, Falcom, Sega, Taito etc.

Here's all the sound teams and artists I've found so far (I don't know why Capcom have 3):

Square Enix
Falcom Sound Team
Capcom
Capcom 2
Capcom Sound Team
EA Games
Sega
Zuntata
Yasunori Mitsuda
Akira Yamaoka
Nobuo Uematsu
Masashi Hamauzu
Kenji Ito

Note these are the UK links. You can access the US store by changing that 'gb' to a 'us'. It looks like there's some differences in what's available, mostly with Capcom albums.
If you're out for the best deal, don't forget to check Amazon! While a lot of the digital albums are the same price, some seem to be a lot cheaper.

While this certainly isn't new, I have found it frustrating to search simply because there's no 'Game Soundtracks' genre to search under so if you find any good links, feel free to share them so I can buy more music!

Although I've always preferred physical CDs, digital's convenient in its own way too! Especially if you only really want 1 song and don't want to buy the whole album for it or if you kinda like the music but you're desperately running out of shelf space xD

-Max
Old Jun 13, 2017, 09:49 PM

Is iTunes still only offering lossy MP3s?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 05:38 AM

iTunes has NEVER offered lossy Mp3s. They've always offered AACs.

AFAIK there is no lossless for sale on iTunes.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 02:14 PM

Yup, if you're after lossless then as always the CDs is your best (only?) option =) My ears aren't great so I can't tell any difference between 128kbit MP3, 256 AAC or the original CDs. On the plus side, it means I can fit more albums on my phone...

Tags
buy, game, itunes, soundtracks