VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 27, 2017, 01:59 AM
Trusted Editor

I was just checking if mamomo had released some albums in 2017 already, and apparantly he did on both M3.

M3-2017 Spring: 海底神殿
M3-2017 Fall: lostworld
Old Nov 7, 2017, 05:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
I was just checking if mamomo had released some albums in 2017 already, and apparantly he did on both M3.

M3-2017 Spring: 海底神殿
M3-2017 Fall: lostworld
In case you're interested, he made a Bandcamp: https://s-mamomo.bandcamp.com/
Old Mar 4, 2020, 08:40 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This artist also goes by まもも家. I'll add it as an alternative.

And I'd love to track down some physical copies of his original albums.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:02 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
This artist also goes by まもも家. I'll add it as an alternative.

And I'd love to track down some physical copies of his original albums.
That's the name of his circle.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 04:09 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
That's the name of his circle.
Ah, okay. That explains it. The 家 makes more sense now.
Old May 8, 2020, 01:18 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

In a live stream mamomo is doing at the time of me typing this, someone asked him who his musical influences are. I thought I'd post his response here as it may be interesting to others too.

"At the beginning, Joe Hisaishi (久石譲), Masashi Hamauzu (浜渦正志), Jun Maeda (麻枝准), Bump of Chicken. ​Nowadays, Hiroyuki Sawano (澤野弘之), sea-no, Yuki Hayashi (林ゆうき), Masaru Yokoyama (横山克), and many others."
Old May 13, 2020, 05:54 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I just learned of a relatively new project mamomo started called genθ (Gen Theta — ゲンシータ). They call themselves a piano electronoca unit (M.G / umino). mamomo composes the music. Here are some links:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gen43826609

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mgumino
Old May 15, 2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
In a live stream mamomo is doing at the time of me typing this, someone asked him who his musical influences are. I thought I'd post his response here as it may be interesting to others too.

"...Masashi Hamauzu (浜渦正志)...
Hamauzu is no surprise. Shinigami no Testament (the only work of his I've heard) was practically a SaGa Frontier II tribute album from what I remember...

though obviously nowhere near Hamauzu's level
Old Feb 4, 2021, 04:38 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

mamomo was live streaming and someone asked him in the chat if he was self-taught. He said he was and that he's been composing around 12 years now and started when he was around 20 years old.

He also said that he's working on releasing his next album in April, which is tentatively titled 鼓動/pulsation.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 05:03 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

mamomo composed the music for the PR movie used in China for the film "Violet Evergarden". It's a vocal track sung in Chinese by a male and female singer and it's gorgeous. You can watch the video and hear the song here:

https://weibo.com/7356966369/KCvyko8Tv

The song is available on this Chinese site for download or purchase (with a subscription): https://music.163.com/#/album?id=134678378

Last edited by Chris Porter; Jan 5, 2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:47 AM

Quote:
mamomo composed the music for the PR movie used in China for the film "Violet Evergarden". It's a vocal track sung in Chinese by a male and female singer and it's gorgeous. You can watch the video and hear the song here:

https://weibo.com/7356966369/KCvyko8Tv
Thanks for sharing this song. I've been listening to mamomo's works recently and noticed that the chorus' melody was similar to his '私の空、彼女の空' in Haru e to Tsuzuku Oka Original Soundtrack. (Like a rearrangement with vocal?) So if anyone finds this promotion song beautiful, they may also enjoy the original work and vice versa.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 01:00 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhec View Post
Thanks for sharing this song. I've been listening to mamomo's works recently and noticed that the chorus' melody was similar to his '私の空、彼女の空' in Haru e to Tsuzuku Oka Original Soundtrack. (Like a rearrangement with vocal?) So if anyone finds this promotion song beautiful, they may also enjoy the original work and vice versa.
Glad to meet another mamomo fan! They are very similar, indeed. It's not a one-to-one match on the melody, but very close. Close enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he grabbed the melody from 私の空、彼女の空 and repurposed it for this song. Especially because of how obscure and unknown the game Haru e to Tsuzuku Oka is. Both pieces are absolutely gorgeous! I've listened to the PV song a least a dozen times already.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Glad to meet another mamomo fan! They are very similar, indeed. It's not a one-to-one match on the melody, but very close. Close enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he grabbed the melody from 私の空、彼女の空 and repurposed it for this song. Especially because of how obscure and unknown the game Haru e to Tsuzuku Oka is. Both pieces are absolutely gorgeous! I've listened to the PV song a least a dozen times already.
My respect for your contributions. Although the game and mamomo himself are mostly unknown, some of mamomo's tracks are pretty popular in China. For example, on the Chinese music streaming service NetEase Cloud Music, 私の空、彼女の空 has 41k comments, hometown has 14k and 雪解け has 7k. (Meanwhile, his other tracks remain undiscovered.) When uploading the 春へと続く丘 OST, the uploader got the track names wrong and 私の空、彼女の空 was named 2027年. Therefore, people left all kinds of wishes and dreams about 2027 in the comments and the heart-warming track went viral. This was fixed in mid 2019 before mamomo registered and was verified on NetEase Music in 2020:https://music.163.com/#/user/home?id=4007611206. I would guess that the popularity of 私の空、彼女の空 is probably why he chose it to rearrange for a Chinese PV song.