VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 14, 2008, 01:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Love this album. Possibly my overall favorite T's Music work. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of information about it around.

Credits for the vocal track came from here. GMCL says that Norihiro Nomura, Satoshi Miyashita, and Yasutaka Hatade did the music. IMDb has the same list with the addition of Chamy, so I replaced the more generic "T's Music" with them. Wish there were some scans of this sucker.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 05:17 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Feel the Mystical is one of the coolest vg songs i know of, and the game itself is also quite awesome
Old May 9, 2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
Feel the Mystical is one of the coolest vg songs i know of, and the game itself is also quite awesome

I agree with you man! Feel the Mystical is a badass tune. Even after all these years that song is still rockin! This is by far one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time and favorite video game songs ever!
Old May 9, 2010, 06:16 PM

I would pay hundreds of dollars to own this album physically.
Old May 10, 2010, 03:02 AM
Trusted Editor

It's available used at Amazon.co.jp marketplace, and it's not that expensive:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP
Old May 10, 2010, 02:27 PM

Well, that is expensive for something used, but still a good deal for such a great item. Thanks for the link, I could swear I checked Amazon for this item before.
Old May 19, 2011, 08:29 AM

Well, I managed to listen to this ultra-expensive album (one seller continuously demands 20,000 yen on YJA) and the first adjective to pop into my head was jubilant. The first half of the album sounds like a grandiose party. I suppose this reminds me of Langrisser II.

Edit:

I decided to check what else Yasutaka Hatade has arranged and, lo and behold, he also did Langrisser II. My ears are better than I thought.

Last edited by Jodo Kast; May 19, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 08:10 PM

Is the booklet a real booklet, or is it just an insert? We only have a front and a back. The main thing that led me to wonder this is where the in-game info for each track title comes from (for example, the info like [ダンザイバー] after the track Right Way). The text is in Japanese, so it seems like it has a real source, but I wonder if it was just taken from an Amazon tracklist or something. The disc doesn't list this info for each track.

By the way, I'll take this opportunity to chime in and say that this is one of the greatest VGM soundtracks ever to grace our ears. I honestly have never heard anything on its level in what it does.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 09:27 PM

It's a foldout. I'll upload a scan right now.

edit: Done.

Last edited by Vert1; Oct 1, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:08 PM

I envy you like 1000% right now for being able to just go "oh hey here's some scans because I own this amazingly awesome and rare soundtrack". And thanks, I wish everyone would do scans
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:42 AM

uploaded a new Booklet Front scan, I'll update the rest after calibration.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:25 AM

You got a scanner? I've seriously been waiting for this day.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:04 AM

Yeah finally :S . The second-hand market is flooded with good scanners for great prices (e.g. the Epson Perfection series. got an older model for 15€ incl shipping, sufficient for print scans). Only waiting for the IT8 target, then I can finally start scanning everything (not just this); slowly but surely.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:53 PM

I never thought I'd get the official pressed disc of this one, but I found one with a BIN of 8,000 yen (mint and complete). That's still expensive but a lot more affordable than the usual 20,000 yen. So it's entirely possible nowadays to snag one for less than $100.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 06:06 PM

gratz dood. a few months ago there were quite a few listings around (if i remember right) 4000-5000yen on amazon, i made a corresponding post in the "most expensive cds"-thread.

Last edited by Zethe; Jun 29, 2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:20 PM

I'm not looking to create an entry for it, but item of note...The Ever Anime print of this album includes a song called "Kiss in the Dark" as track #15. I'm guessing it was only released as a single (the drama album has a 2 minute game version of the song, this version clocks in at 4 minutes).

So think about the price if the Ever Anime version hadn't curbed some demand.

To add to the decade-old discussion, this album sounds like a TG-16 CD shmup soundtrack in parts. Definitely has that "T's Music does guitars" sound.
Old May 1, 2023, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX View Post
I'm not looking to create an entry for it, but item of note...The Ever Anime print of this album includes a song called "Kiss in the Dark" as track #15. I'm guessing it was only released as a single (the drama album has a 2 minute game version of the song, this version clocks in at 4 minutes).

So think about the price if the Ever Anime version hadn't curbed some demand.

To add to the decade-old discussion, this album sounds like a TG-16 CD shmup soundtrack in parts. Definitely has that "T's Music does guitars" sound.
Actually, it doesn't seem like the 4-min version was ever released as a single. It appears on these two Masami Okui albums, though:
https://vgmdb.net/album/10107
https://vgmdb.net/album/71750

And I'll echo all the gushing about this soundtrack. Having just watched all of Utena gave me a new appreciation for that song, too.