VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:43 AM

I'm extremely confused about this:

"Disc 1 can have one more track originally composed by Masaharu Iwata"

Does that mean there's an entirely different print of this that we don't have in the database? I see no listing for this track whatsoever. And by the way, this looks freaking amazing - so many VGM legends!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:36 AM

That quote was supposed to mean there could be one more track besides 1-03, 1-05, 1-06 and 1-12 that was originally composed by Masaharu Iwata, because Iwata composed five tracks in total on the original Mushihimesama. Maybe you could rewrite it. I think what I tried to do can be achieved better by providing the composer credits as below;

1-01 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-02 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-03 Composed by Masaharu Iwata
1-04 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-05 Composed by Masaharu Iwata
1-06 Composed by Masaharu Iwata
1-07 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-08 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-09 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-10 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-11 Composed by Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata
1-12 Composed by Masaharu Iwata

I know this looks messy, but it at least prevents someone from having a wrong notion that the rest was totally composed by Namiki.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:44 PM

Oh, I see what you meant now, when I read it again after you explained it like that. I guess I would have said something more like "It's possible Masaharu Iwata composed another one of the tracks on disc 1." But anyway, thanks for setting me straight.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:10 AM

I think simply changing it to "Disc 1 may contain one more track originally composed by Masaharu Iwata" would make more sense.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Found this album for sale separately on Y!J for what seems a good deal (3500yen) and jumped on it.

Major thanks in advance Kewing for the scans. They are immaculate, and that's a huge time-saver for my OCD self who scans all his albums.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:38 PM
Trusted Editor

I can't see the ingenuity of this album. So many big names... so many boring tracks. It's not a particularly bad album, as I like the Futari OST a lot but I think a lot of potential was wasted here
Old Jan 21, 2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Apparently she's also a lyricist, based on the liner note (she's willing to disclose a lyric if requested). You could contact her and confirm it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I'm pretty sure that can be confirmed via this part of the email she sent last week, but I can always double check.

"I hope my english lyrics makes sense on my arrangement"
Do either of you, or anyone else, know exactly what the lyrics are? I've wanted to know for some time now.