VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #721  
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:33 AM
Mokona's Avatar
Mokona Mokona is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 115
Default

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg
セル原画

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242896
チーフプロモーター
ジャケットコーディネイト
スペシャルスーパーバイザー
スペシャルコーディネイト

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242911
Pubric Relation (misspelling of Public Relation)

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242943
Treatments

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242964
Original Story Written by (alias of Original work)
Story Plot (alias of Script?)
Written by (alias of Scenario Written?)
Fortune-Telling

Last edited by Mokona; Jun 10, 2021 at 05:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #722  
Old Jun 9, 2021, 03:13 PM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,365
Default

SaGa Frontier Original Soundtrack Revival Disc

Quote:
Roles "SaGa Series Director" not found for line "SaGa Series Director: Akitoshi Kawazu"
Roles "Audio Movie Team" not found for line "Audio Movie Team: Yousuke Tajima, Mitsunori Minami"
Roles "Background Movie Producer" not found for line "Background Movie Producer: Yusuke Takagai (ubiquitous inc.)"
- SaGa Series Director can probably be shortened to just Director, yes? Unless we want to make an alias of Director for it?
- Should "Background Movie Producer & Director" be split into "Background Movie Producer" and "Background Movie Director" or just "Background Movie Producer" and "Director"?
Reply With Quote
  #723  
Old Jun 9, 2021, 09:03 PM
Efendija's Avatar
Efendija Efendija is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
SaGa Series Director
I was told we shouldn't make roles that specific and to use a generic role instead. However, there are some existing roles which are too specific, for example "Nintendo Zelda Team" and I was also told instances like these would be changed eventually.

Additionally, I think we shouldn't link strictly game staff on a music album. Example would be https://vgmdb.net/album/107466

Game section does exist (like on many Square Enix albums) but it's not linked.
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old Jun 10, 2021, 03:39 PM
Secret Squirrel's Avatar
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameshot233 View Post
@flameshot233

I added Word as an alias of Text, but now we'll have to be careful because it is also used for Lyrics on some albums.

I didn't add 作詩 as Poetry. It's already an alias for lyrics in a lot of albums, and it seems like that's what this credit is here, even though they are using two different words for it on tracks 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokona View Post
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg
セル原画

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242896
チーフプロモーター
ジャケットコーディネイト
スペシャルスーパーバイザー
スペシャルコーディネイト

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242911
Pubric Relation (misspelling of Public Relation)

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242943
Treatments

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242964
Original Story Written by (alias of Original work)
Story Plot (alias of Script?)
Written by (alias of Scenario Written?)
Fortune-Telling
@Mokona added

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
SaGa Frontier Original Soundtrack Revival Disc

- SaGa Series Director can probably be shortened to just Director, yes? Unless we want to make an alias of Director for it?
- Should "Background Movie Producer & Director" be split into "Background Movie Producer" and "Background Movie Director" or just "Background Movie Producer" and "Director"?
@dancey

I added Audio Movie Team as Cinematic Sound.
Added Background Movie Producer since we have Background Movie Director.

- I would be tempted to go with "Game Director" for the Saga series director, since it is a role we have.
- Make it Background Movie Director, since I think the specific role is implied.

I think these are fine to add because they pertain to the Blu-ray which we are covering.
Reply With Quote
  #725  
Old Jun 10, 2021, 07:36 PM
ladatree ladatree is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Earth
Posts: 448
Default

VPCD-86369
A. Sax
B. Sax
Fgh. (Flugelhorn)
Reply With Quote
  #726  
Old Jun 11, 2021, 06:14 AM
Elena's Avatar
Elena Elena is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 36
Default

歌詩原案 ("Original Draft" Alias) - https://vgmdb.net/album/112154
録音st ("Recording Studio" Alias) - https://vgmdb.net/album/112177
音響プロデュース ("Sound Producer" Alias)

Last edited by Elena; Jun 11, 2021 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old Jun 12, 2021, 03:41 AM
flameshot233 flameshot233 is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 135
Default

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=54145
Artist Manage

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=245486
Actress? (Cast?)
Animal Trainer
Band Casting

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=307854
Copywriter
D·O·P (Director of Photography)

Last edited by flameshot233; Jun 12, 2021 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:02 AM
Toad King's Avatar
Toad King Toad King is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 119
Default

https://vgmdb.net/album/112208

Need "Birbs" (alias of "Birds")
Reply With Quote
  #729  
Old Jun 12, 2021, 05:34 PM
ladatree ladatree is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Earth
Posts: 448
Default

LZM-2145
Selected by
Reply With Quote
  #730  
Old Jun 13, 2021, 04:56 AM
Mokona's Avatar
Mokona Mokona is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Argentina
Posts: 115
Default

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242992
ピア二力隊隊長
ピア二力隊1号

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=243021
Design Information
Anime Illustration
Web Co-ordination

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242984
Photo Supply

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=243031
All Instruments PRG (alias of All Instruments Programming)
PRG (alias of Programmer)

Last edited by Mokona; Jun 13, 2021 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old Jun 13, 2021, 05:58 PM
Lbr's Avatar
Lbr Lbr is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Brazil
Posts: 73
Default

- Sales Marketing (セールスマーケティング) https://vgmdb.net/role/2636
- Production Studio (制作スタジオ) https://vgmdb.net/role/585
- Music Production Managed [by] https://vgmdb.net/role/265
- Music Production Cooperated [by]
(Need a new "Music Production Cooperation" role for this)
Reply With Quote
  #732  
Old Jun 13, 2021, 06:12 PM
ladatree ladatree is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Earth
Posts: 448
Default

KECH-1332~3
Sound track Director
Sound track Producer
Reply With Quote
  #733  
Old Jun 13, 2021, 06:58 PM
Secret Squirrel's Avatar
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 6,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladatree View Post
VPCD-86369
A. Sax
B. Sax
Fgh. (Flugelhorn)
@ladatree : Added. A. Sax was already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
歌詩原案 ("Original Draft" Alias) - https://vgmdb.net/album/112154
録音st ("Recording Studio" Alias) - https://vgmdb.net/album/112177
音響プロデュース ("Sound Producer" Alias)
@Elena : Added. Went with Lyrics Draft instead of Original Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameshot233 View Post
https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=54145
Artist Manage

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=245486
Actress? (Cast?)
Animal Trainer
Band Casting

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=307854
Copywriter
D·O·P (Director of Photography)
@flameshot233 : Added most.

For Band Casting, I recommend just going with Casting because in this case, it feels like it is just a casting of actors to play a role, which happens to be a band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
https://vgmdb.net/album/112208

Need "Birbs" (alias of "Birds")
@Toad King : No clue on this. Might just be fine to credit as sound effect or beatboxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladatree View Post
LZM-2145
Selected by
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokona View Post
https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242992
ピア二力隊隊長
ピア二力隊1号

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=243021
Design Information
Anime Illustration
Web Co-ordination

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=242984
Photo Supply

https://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=243031
All Instruments PRG (alias of All Instruments Programming)
PRG (alias of Programmer)
ピア二力隊隊長 and ピア二力隊1号 : Not a fan of including these one-off roles that were made up for the album. I would ignore these credits.
Design Information, Photo Supply : These are website and organizations, not roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbr View Post
- Sales Marketing (セールスマーケティング) https://vgmdb.net/role/2636
- Production Studio (制作スタジオ) https://vgmdb.net/role/585
- Music Production Managed [by] https://vgmdb.net/role/265
- Music Production Cooperated [by]
(Need a new "Music Production Cooperation" role for this)
@Lbr - Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladatree View Post
KECH-1332~3
Sound track Director
Sound track Producer
Done
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:02 AM
Toad King's Avatar
Toad King Toad King is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
@Toad King : No clue on this. Might just be fine to credit as sound effect or beatboxing.
The tracks sampled the bird noises from the birds listed in the tracks, so maybe something like animal noises would be accurate. Would that just fall under sound effects?
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:35 PM
doppel9014 doppel9014 is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 172
Default

Game Evangelist (Not sure this one)
Host (Concert Host)
Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old Jun 16, 2021, 03:05 AM
ladatree ladatree is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Earth
Posts: 448
Default

KICA-432
BGM Music Produce [BGM音楽プロデュース]

NGCS-1054
表紙イラスト

NGCS-1016
Yantin

Last edited by ladatree; Today at 08:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Role Playing Metal Myrkul Album Discussions 0 Mar 21, 2016 11:29 AM
Remaking? I need requests! Supernova Video Game Music Discussion 2 Sep 1, 2014 11:01 AM
Alias Role separation on Discographies Secret Squirrel Questions and Comments 6 Feb 10, 2010 07:33 PM