VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:10 PM

Default Great Tracks Left Out of Soundtracks

I was just reading a the LA Noire thread and saw a post describing how the best track was left out, so I decided to make this thread to talk about those experiences. Just list what you can think of.

killer7 - Stairway
killer7 - Front Desk
killer7 - VS Jean Depaul
killer7 - Free Move
killer7 - Dead [Game Over]
killer7 - Chillout
killer7 - Alternative Title

God Hand - (so many tracks are missing)
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:46 PM

I don't own it (yet... fingers crossed), but the Jumping Flash! 1 & 2 soundtrack only has the first and last track for each world, they skip the second level for each world which is usually a darker remix of the first stage. My favorite tracks are the first levels from the worlds, but I dislike the abridged approach to a soundtrack. And since the whole soundtrack is great, it qualifies for this thread!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:08 PM

Kirby 64 - Dark Star

Last edited by Blitz Lunar; Aug 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added link
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:48 PM

The Popolocrois series' soundtracks are particularly egregious about this: may they either be for the games or the anime series, they all lack some tracks that play during the games or the anime.

For example: all the battle themes from Popolocrois Monogatari 1, except for the boss battle theme, and a large part of the dungeon and battle themes from Poporogue.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 03:13 PM
VGMdb Advisor

"Mining Melancholy" is missing from both Donkey Kong Country 2 releases. Such a shame.

Last edited by Nisto; Aug 23, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:38 AM

The Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon OST is woefully incomplete - 17 tracks are missing, including a lovely rendition of Unfulfilled Promise :/
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:47 AM

it made on purpose, for an incoming chocobo games ost cd-box =)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:22 AM

Hmmm...

EHRGEIZ Original Soundtrack - They left out the victory jingles used for the FINAL FANTASY characters.
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Original Soundtrack - Missing the Victory Fanfare tune and a slight variation of "The Summoned".
Tenchu SOUNDTRACK - "Battle with the Foreign Pirate", "Battle with Onikage", "Battle with Lord Mei-oh", instrumental version of "add'ua (Opening Theme)" [serving as BGM for the Training level].
Tenchu 2 Soundtrack - The short piece of music heard at the main menu.
Shinobi Original Soundtrack - "Result Screen" tune.
Devil May Cry 2 Original Soundtrack - "Nightmare - Hwal Band". It was used to promote Devil May Cry 2, if memory serves me right.
Kessen II Original Soundtrack - "Ide Mariko - Ao No Tsuzuki" [Ending song].
Soul Reaver Promotional Soundtrack - "Ozar Midrashim" (I know it's included on the Information Society 'Don't Be Afraid' album, but it would have been nice to have it here, too).... And basically the whole soundtrack, spectral realm variations included ç_ç

These are the ones that come to my mind right now.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Aug 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:21 AM

Tekken 5 & Tekken DARK RESURRECTION Original Soundtrack is missing all the songs from "Devil Within" game.

Then there are of course Silent Hill soundtracks will have lots of holes when it comes to those ambient songs.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:34 AM

a lot of Secret of Evermore tracks are missing on that fake "complete" soundtrack
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:01 PM

The ambient version of "The Nexus" in Demon's Souls that plays during character creation.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:53 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit - The Album ||| Romulus 3
For me, this was definitely the best song in the game but unfortunately it's missing from the official soundtrack.

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:36 PM

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5-Menu Music

Click the link to get the wave file of it. Credits to lakerhunter2 for ripping it.

Last edited by Vert1; Sep 5, 2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:54 PM

There are a ton of unused music tracks in the sound test sections of just about every Gradius/Salamander collection game. Deluxe pack, III & IV, they all have music you can listen to but was left out of the games.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:54 PM

And of course the L.A. Noire thread he's talking about is the one I started about the investigation theme being left out. VERY disappointed about that, it was the whole reason I bought the CD. I love the bass flute so that tune instantly captivated me. And it's one of the most heard tunes in the WHOLE GAME... And not on the soundtrack. WTF.
Old May 30, 2014, 04:44 PM

Default Missing Tracks

What about the location test BGM in Senkou no Ronde? A great sounding piece from US Navy (AKA Carrier Airwing) is left out of SFII-G.S.M. Capcom 4. P4U:The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a lot of tracks left out!
Old May 30, 2014, 09:42 PM

I don't remember this version of Sword of the Valiant on Rudra no Hihou's soundtrack. Maybe it's in there? But I didn't find it.

Though not missing, the Double Dragon 3 soundtrack cuts off the map theme just like the arcade does. The whole theme is present in the game's code.

Classic Contra & Konami Music Masterpiece Collection skip the majority of the first Contra game soundtrack.

The V'Ball soundtrack doesn't include the Exercise Match, excusably though because it wasn't in the Famicom version of the game.
Old May 31, 2014, 02:33 AM

Tenchi Sozo (Terranigma) has a crap ton missing which is a real shame.
Old May 31, 2014, 03:03 AM

ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - Missing BGM to the "1st confrontation with ANUBIS O.F.", also "Leo! Leo!" and "Inhert" sound slightly different when compared to their respective in-game versions.

Various Harry Potter Video Game Soundtracks - Too much stuff to list.

GOD TRACKS! - I'll just state someone should really summon up the power of the GOD HAND and unleash it upon those who put together this CD. Can't believe one of the bests vocal tracks and staff roll music is missing.

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - "REX vs. RAY" and arrangements of a few METAL GEAR SOLID tracks, among others.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; May 31, 2014 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Fixes
Old May 31, 2014, 03:29 AM
VGMdb Staff

As a fan of Jesper Kyd's work, I could mention these two:

-music specifically composed for AC2 CGI trailer (also served as intro in the retail game), it is similar to certain tracks from AC2 OST (as expected) but this particular trailer track was never released:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FyFYQ4iBYg

-from Darksiders 2, this bloody awesome track (The Makers Guardian) wasn't included on the soundtrack, don't have the slightest idea why knowing they had tons of space on the CDs left:
https://soundcloud.com/jesperkyd/dar...akers-guardian
Old May 31, 2014, 07:24 AM

Not "left out" but there's no version of Breath of Fire 3's boss theme without sound effects.
Old May 31, 2014, 09:24 AM

I also gotta add now that in the case of the Ar tonelico series:

- Ar tonelico 1: Th version of "The Melting Morning Dew" in the soundtrack is roughly half as long as the one in the game itself.
- Ar tonelico 2: Missing a hymn that was heard right prior to the final battle. While it was later on released as the "Emptiness" track from Akiko Shikata's Harmonia concert pamphlet CD, it's still missing from both the soundtrack and the Hymmnos Concerts. It also has missing the entrance theme to the Infelsphere and the two variations to "A Small Journey".
- Ar tonelico 3: Missing all of the final battle themes sans Ec Tisia ~Tarifa~ and XaaCi. None of these three songs saw ever an official release in any way.

Last edited by aquagon; May 31, 2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 07:09 PM

The Breath of fire II soundtrack: What it takes to be a Hero, Clean Hit.

Thankfully, they were included in the Special Box release.

Mother, Mother 2, Mother 3: These soundtracks are a disaster in terms of having the music from the game. There is very little, and too much arranged.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 01:01 PM

If anyone is remotely curious about what started this whole thing, it began years ago when I bought the L.A. Noire soundtrack and was rather pissed not to get the awesome investigation music that featured a bass flute. Well after searching for LITERALLY years, I finally found it. Just listen to how gorgeous this track is! BASS FLUTE!

http://myfreemp3.eu/music/L.A+Noire

Scroll down to 3rd from bottom "Investigate Sad".