VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 12, 2020, 09:51 PM

Pretty bummed this got delayed because of COVID-19, as I was looking forward to this one. But I wondering, and excuse my ignorance here, but how does COVID-19 delay (what I presume is a purely digital) release?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 08:23 PM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special View Post
Pretty bummed this got delayed because of COVID-19, as I was looking forward to this one. But I wondering, and excuse my ignorance here, but how does COVID-19 delay (what I presume is a purely digital) release?

Thanks much for the question, and again , I apologize for the delay.

The distributor that I work with recently communicated that they as a result of COVID situation and the fact that everyone is working from home with snail-like systems, the digital inspection queues have been delayed by about 2 weeks, which are an essential component to the distribution to partners such as Apple, Spotify, etc. Basically, this inspection insures that all of the metadata, licensing , and sound levels, etc were received in satisfactory condition, and that the release is indeed "good-to-go'

Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass this step, so the only choice for now is to hang in there. I will updated as able, hopefully they can get this done sooner than expected.

Thank you again for your interest in this one! I have had a lot of fun with it, and am also working on mixing another 11 Final Fantasy IV songs that should also be released within a few months, so there should be enough Jazzy FFIV mixes to last for a while in a few more weeks!

And let me know what you think when it hits the airwaves, I am particularly fond of Ring Bomb and Castle Damcyan for this album!

I may also try a Kickstarter for the entire collection on CD after things are all done, so a physical release isn't impossible--though I will say that I am still in the red with the other two CD's I've done. As much as I love having physical media, it is indeed much harder to sell these days.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 07:46 PM

No need to apologize, it's not anyones fault. A 2 week wait ain't that big of a deal anyway, now waiting for those other 11 track I now know about is going to suck!

Also I guess I just didn't realise all that went into putting music online like this, I figured it was more simple like sending some guy some SONG.wav and he'll puts them on their servers, done. lol. But I suppose if there are "inspection procedures" and everyone is still working from home, then yeah I can see things getting backed up with how much music gets relased nowadays.

About the Kickstarter, I'm not really big on physical media anymore... it's way to much clutter and not really any gain for me, I tend to get most of my stuff from Bandcamp (you should do Bandcamp!).

But again looking forward to the release, I recently found out about you and checked your previous works and they're all really good! Might as well start selling drugs on the side too, because you got me hooked wanting more now...
Old Jun 16, 2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:

But again looking forward to the release, I recently found out about you and checked your previous works and they're all really good! Might as well start selling drugs on the side too, because you got me hooked wanting more now...
Since you are so excited, here is a sneak peak Please enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3Bg6IA9Is&t=4s

Last edited by Jazz Paladin; Jun 16, 2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:11 PM

Pretty great stuff.

BTW, I added your stuff to RYM (RateYourMusic) site, think of it as an alternative to here, not sure if I got any of the info wrong, let me know and I can correct it.

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/jazz-paladin

I figured it might help more people discover you, you're very underrated IMO.

You should be doing features on various projects and get your name around, I've discovered a ton of new (now favorite) artists because of random albums like:

Spectrum of Mana

Super VG Christmas Party
SOUND WAVES: A Tribute to Ecco the Dolphin
Tribute Album 64

Want Jazz? Check out YamaYama track 22 or Uncle & the Bacon on track 23 on SOUND WAVES.

https://soundwavesecco.bandcamp.com/...co-the-dolphin
Old Jun 16, 2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Pretty great stuff.

BTW, I added your stuff to RYM (RateYourMusic) site, think of it as an alternative to here, not sure if I got any of the info wrong, let me know and I can correct it.

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/jazz-paladin

I figured it might help more people discover you, you're very underrated IMO.

You should be doing features on various projects and get your name around, I've discovered a ton of new (now favorite) artists because of random albums like:
Much appreciated! Your entries look pretty good from this side.

Was that Ecco album from the OCR Remix compilation they recently did?

As for other features, I have been planning on a few others for a while now. My only enemy is time itself these days, but here is what I have on the menu for future album themes:

Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy VI. VII, VIII
Wild Arms
Castlevania (another new album)
Out Run / Sega classics
Zelda
Mario
Bonk's Adventure

Last edited by Jazz Paladin; Jun 16, 2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 03:53 PM

I don't think Sound Waves had anything to do with OCR, Ian Luckey aka Patient Corgi probably just knew a bunch of VG Cover guys and decided to put an album together.

Damn Time, someone should do something about that guy, always creating problems for everyone... Why I love music so much, you can enjoy it while doing other things ie. eating, fits in a busy life quite well as far as hobbies go, making it I suppose not so much :/

Also, you seemed to have misspelled EarthBound in your list [kidding]

A jazz Wild ARMs album would sound amazing I'd bet, also "Sega classics" better have at least some Phantasy Star pieces or I'm going to be pissed! But do what you wanna do, you gotta be into what you make to make it be good, if you force yourself doing things for others when you're not all that into it yourself, then it'll probably turn out not so great. No one wins then.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Also, you seemed to have misspelled EarthBound in your list [kidding]

A jazz Wild ARMs album would sound amazing I'd bet, also "Sega classics" better have at least some Phantasy Star pieces or I'm going to be pissed! But do what you wanna do, you gotta be into what you make to make it be good, if you force yourself doing things for others when you're not all that into it yourself, then it'll probably turn out not so great. No one wins then.
I'll put Earthdown bound on my list, I've been known to do requests from time to time (that's how Rydia ended up in this album, as I wasn't planning on doing it, but someone on my FB page chimed in and requested it, so there it is...)

Agreed on "forcing" music, my wife doesn't understand why I need to take breaks for certain projects rather than working on them continuously, it really does take being in the right mood at the right time for the right song.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 05:58 PM

Be interesting to say the least what you do with EarthBound, EB's music pretty "Psychedelic" in nature, so a Jazz spin on it would be cool.

But then again Cory Johnson turned EarthBound into bleak as hell post-rock album lol.

Worth checking out IMO, a 5/5 album for sure.

https://coryvgm.com/album/earthbound
Old Jun 17, 2020, 07:30 PM

Yeah, I'd definitely be doing something with a bit of a different vibe than that! Heavy-metal-ish generally isn't my thing.

I played through Earthbound last year again, and I think a lot is doable.

We shall see. I may also be doing official music for some of the more epic board games (similar to Glooomhaven in style) in the future, so I might be a bit tied down for those projects, too, but I should still be able to do some video game covers, too.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Be interesting to say the least what you do with EarthBound, EB's music pretty "Psychedelic" in nature, so a Jazz spin on it would be cool.

But then again Cory Johnson turned EarthBound into bleak as hell post-rock album lol.

Worth checking out IMO, a 5/5 album for sure.

https://coryvgm.com/album/earthbound
Good news, just got news that it should be available on all the major platforms in 48 hours. In some places, it is already available if you search for it...