VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 7, 2008, 09:19 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Gave the album a 3. The Dreamcast soundtrack featured enhanced versions of a lot of the tracks from the original soundtrack and turned out a lot better as a result. That's what this soundtrack should have been. I'd give the DC version of the soundtrack 5 stars easily.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:11 PM

hmm. this says CD (1 disc) in the description but there's clearly a 2-disc tracklist....f
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

You can see two discs in the image of the case back. The 2nd disc is some kind of mini-CD.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:42 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I changed the Front pic for this album.
I also deleted the recent one PsychoZeke upped, since it looks very "bootlegish" to me (notice how the font is different)
I upped it here if anyone finds the cat # one day.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:54 PM

Is the catalog number not CPCA-1028 as mentioned in this thread / the link to the album? Also, I'll get Eirik to upload his scan of the second disc.

Edit: That was fast. Eirik's second disc is CPDA-1006. In true Capcom style, disc 2 has nothing to do with the catalog of disc 1. For example, http://vgmdb.net/album/2490 uses CPDA-1018 with CPCA-1058. fffffff. Faking a stab in the dark here, I'm guessing CPDA is Capcom's catalog code for "bonus miniCD" since 1058 comes after 1028 and 1018 comes after 1006 (Maximo vs SF3 OST, newer first).

Last edited by MrMAGFest; Jun 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 03:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Myrkul is talking about the catalog number from the cover pictured above, because it looks like a bootleg.

Thanks for the second disc scan. CPDA is Capcom's series of CD singles.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:19 AM

Oh, I stupidly forgot to ask my question, wow I look dumb now. The question is, have the singles ever been sighted on their own? Or are they solely included with other albums? I'm just thinking, if I were to accidentally find one on its own in the past, and I didn't know better, I may have tried to add it to the database if I couldn't find it by catalog number. Is there a discussion of how we should facilitate this somewhere?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:49 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I think this have been discussed recently.

I also think they should not be separated until they get their own "solo" release.
Main concern is probably "Chaos Legion Drama Digest", that was included with the album. I don't know if it was released separately. (that's the only one like this)
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:38 PM

ストリートファイターⅢ サードストライク オリジナル・サウンドトラック is exactly how the obi presents the title. The Fight for the Future subtitle is never represented in the Japanese title, nor is it ever in quotes.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 05:31 PM

Just wanted to add that CPCA-1028 is the code for the US release of this album in 2004. It was bundled with the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection Official Fighter's Guide by Brady Games. It's the same 33 track listing so otherwise not much different has the "Made in USA" marking. I mention this since I and I'm sure many others have this release of the soundtrack but it's a bit different from the original standard 2 disc set.