VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 26, 2010, 01:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

Default D30G-0054: Hokuto no Ken 2 Music Compilation

Some infos/correction:

1) The CD release should be the parent since it has the same date release of the Vinyl release.
2) About the price release looking here, it's 2812 yen. But I have discovered on the first HNK album (D30G-0038) there are two obi in existence with different prices; the copy I have of that album has a different price from this, but they have the same code bar.
Maybe also there are two version of this cd with a different price.
3) Most japanese sites report "水谷公生" like arranger of tracks 9 & 10. It stands for "Mizutani Kimio", but other western sites report "Mizutani Kousei" as different translation. Honestly don't know which is the correct one.
4) Also about tracks 9 & 10, composition is credited to "大安蓮". It's an alias or an early name of the same performer "Masato Shimon", but some western site report/translate it like "Taian Ren".

Unfortunately old HNK albums don't report infos on their booklet, maybe the "Best compilation album" of 2002 has those and more accurate infos but I haven't scans of the booklet inside.

Last edited by depa; Dec 26, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 02:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
1) The CD release should be the parent since it has the same date release of the Vinyl release.
Done. I didn't know about the policy that the CD counts as parent.
Quote:
2) About the price release looking here, it's 2812 yen. But I have discovered on the first HNK album (D30G-0038) there are two obi in existence with different prices; the copy I have of that album has a different price from this, but they have the same code bar.
Well, I changed it to the one we can see on the obi since it's definitly a correct price.

Quote:
3) Most japanese sites report "水谷公生" like arranger of tracks 9 & 10. It stands for "Mizutani Kimio", but other western sites report "Mizutani Kousei" as different translation. Honestly don't know which is the correct one.
Oh, I don't know why I forgot to add him! As for the romanization: The japanese wiki gives us みずたに きみお which translates to "Mizutani Kimio". The western one sounds more like someone tried to translate each character for itself.

Quote:
4) Also about tracks 9 & 10, composition is credited to "大安蓮". It's an alias or an early name of the same performer "Masato Shimon", but some western site report/translate it like "Taian Ren".
That's why I connected 大安蓮 to Shimon's profile. I couldn't fine a source that confirms any romanizations, so I left it that way.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBeast View Post
That's why I connected 大安蓮 to Shimon's profile. I couldn't fine a source that confirms any romanizations, so I left it that way.
Ok. I've tried to translate the Shimon wiki page and it gives "Yasushi Hiroshi lotus" like translation and I haven't find any other evidences on any Taian Ren so don't know why some western sites report it.

About the tracklist, if we look on the back cover and disc scans track we have missed some kanji:
Track 1: Before the word "TOUGH BOY"
Track 9-10: There are the same 3 kanjis
Tracks 18: Before the word "LOVE SONG"
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:30 PM

"opening theme", "insertion song" and "ending theme"

EDIT: 大安蓮 Daian Ren

EDIT2: done v

Last edited by Phonograph; Dec 26, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
VGMdb Staff

Unhappy

Good, please could you add to the tracklist the missing kanjis?
I don't know how to do it..