VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:04 AM
VGMdb Administrator

There were a couple of edits by dimix86 that I thought I should mention here.

The classification was changed from Live Event to Arrangement. I agree with this because it looks like all of the recording was done at Trackdown Scoring Stage according to the notes on the booklet back.

Also, the $10 AUD price was removed. This one I'm not sure about, because the album is sold out on the Eminence site. Perhaps someone could provide some more clarification on this one.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:40 AM

I did order this album but not sure what $10 AUD was for either, but webarchive says it was the shipping charge.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:03 PM

Yes, the album is a studio recording just like Passion. Talking of classification, I don't really think Extra - Official Compilation should be classified as Live Event since it was made before the concert. But I wouldn't exactly call it an arrangement either. What should it be switched too?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So I guess you're saying that it's a pre-recording of a concert. I'm not sure how best to classify that either, because it's functionally equivalent to the live event, except that it wasn't recorded there. Maybe to be technical, it'd have to be classified as arranged.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I think the more apropriated of classification Extra - Official Compilation - would be Arrangement and Live Event, because the last track was actually recorded in a live event: "AFTER BURNER Live at 2004 JAMMA SHOW".
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:38 PM

Hi Secret Squirrel,

Thanks for accepting those edit. I removed the price because (apart from being wrong), Eminence are re-releasing the album on the new Eminence store soon, and the price is still TBA.

And yes, this album is a studio recording of selected tracks from the concert tour, and most tracks aren't in their original form, so i changed it to 'arrangement'.

This is a great site by the way, cant believe it took me this long to get the time to look over it!

Demetri
Old Jan 27, 2009, 05:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Looking in your YouTube profile, I think you are pretty close to Eminence, dimix86. Maybe you can give us more information (mainly scans) about the less known releases of Eminence, like A Night in Fantasia Limited Edition CD and A Night in Fantasia 2005 CD and DVD.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So I guess you're saying that it's a pre-recording of a concert. I'm not sure how best to classify that either, because it's functionally equivalent to the live event, except that it wasn't recorded there. Maybe to be technical, it'd have to be classified as arranged.
Not sure which one you're referring to, but some Extra compilation tracks weren't on the concert and not all the pieces from Destiny were featured on the album.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:21 AM

Added the length of the tracks. It was the only thing missing.