VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm thinking we should just use an inline alias for DuSK instead of a separate page, unless there is some reason to keep the identities distinct. Right now, there's only one album that credits DuSK, and it probably needs some more work finalizing the credits before we can link up all the names.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:43 AM

This confusion probably came about with my efforts to make this entry more in line with other VGM remixers, such as Stevo Bortz/Level 99. I attempted to create an inline, non-linked Alias as shown on his page and wasn't able to, and just went by the instructions found in a thread here on the forums to create a separate page.

Two albums credit me as DusK, actually. Or should, if they don't right now. KNGIA-0001 | Dynamite Headdy: Secret Bonus Point and KNGIA-0003 | Generation Gap: A Sonic the Hedgehog Tribute EP.

I'm credited as Dustin "DusK" Branscum on the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's set, though when I attempted to add the credits to the "Arranged by" and "Performed by" sections of the page, the edits ended up rejected.

The formatting of my nick is DusK. Capital D, lowercase us, capital K. I've made the edit where you put it in variations.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Oh yeah, I should have noticed that those were DusK. Anyway, I turned it into an inline Alias. Check out the artist page and you'll see how that is displayed.

Your edits on Street Fighter 25th weren't rejected; they just haven't been manually linked yet. I didn't see the point in linking them until all the artist names have been verified and inserted into the artist fields.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Check out the artist page and you'll see how that is displayed.
Nailed it. And fixed the name display on those two albums. And linked the forum account too! Thanks, bro. You rock.