VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
Tried to upload the large version of the album cover for this new album: http://vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=7428

The scan seems to work when you view the gallery and then lick to enlarge the image or view it in the gallery directly, but the thumbnail is solid back.

I uploaded and deleted it 3 times; this is the error message from the 3rd attempt I believe. I've left the image up after the last attempt:
I've seen this happen a lot. Your image is a .png file, even though the extension is .jpg. If you take it into an image editor, and save it as a .jpg, it'll be fine.

At some point, we'll have to add support for png images.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:13 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I've seen this happen a lot. Your image is a .png file, even though the extension is .jpg. If you take it into an image editor, and save it as a .jpg, it'll be fine.

At some point, we'll have to add support for png images.
Nah, that's fine. At least to me, I'm not really sure we need PNG, but I'll leave it to our collective expertise on that. Next time I see an issue like that though, I'll have a better idea on what it is. Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:51 AM

The same happened to me yesterday when i added a larger cover for The Elder Scrolls III Special Edition but its working fine today
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Couple of bugs I found in the marketplace list browsing pages. First one's pretty minor: if you choose to browse all, the album counter at the bottom of the page is incorrect. It assumes the list is paginated and prints out something like "Showing results 1 to 30 of 442" when it's really showing all of the albums.

Second one's more serious: the links to view additional pages of albums don't work. As an example, check out the G want list. If you click the page 2 or next page link at the bottom, it sends you to the marketplace front page instead of the actual second page of results.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for noticing those. I fixed both problems (in both lists), so the browse should be working as intended now.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:49 AM
VGMdb Staff

Is there any way to solve the predicament of tracktitles which start with numbers turning up blank upon submission of the tracklist? I can see the reason for this happening, but it becomes a problem when tracknames actually do being with numbers - as is the came with the tracklist for this album.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Putting track numbers at the beginning of each track will prevent that from happening. I'll look into coding a method to correctly parse a tracklist whether it has track numbers or not (maybe first determine if every track starts with a number, and if so, whether they are consecutive). Although it'll probably be easier just to have a checkbox to indicate their presence.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:09 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Do you mean the Japanese tracklisting? I cut+pasted it from JGML, removed the colons, and it worked fine because I didn't remove the initial tracknumbers ... just the colons. When I remove the tracknumbers, I experience the problem you're talking about.

EDIT -- I think I fixed the problem by changing Bobo's old 'if ($trackpieces[0] < 100 AND $trackpieces[0] > 0)" to 'if ( is_numeric($trackpieces[0]))".

GO ahead and submit the tracklist and see how it works. I'm a little leary, because I don't want to break or change anyone's current submission habits.

Also, the following will still give problems:

Trackname for track 1
35 Birds
Trackname for track 3

The 35 will be lost in this case. Anyway, this fixes your problem for now, and I'll ponder the other problem some more.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:20 AM
VGMdb Staff

Oops, I didn't stop to consider that the solution could be as simple as just retaining the tracknumbers... This shouldn't be enough of an issue to make any major changes then, I guess. Perhaps a note on the "Add a New Tracklist" page, or, as Blah mentioned, some sort of checkbox would suffice.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:28 PM

Got this message after uploading the black alice 2 scan (its a png from the circle's website)

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /includes/thumbnailfunctions.php on line 58

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /includes/thumbnailfunctions.php on line 58
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Our scan system only works for gif and jpg, so you'll have to convert the scan to one of those formats using an editor (I use xnview.)
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:12 PM

Ah, ok. Is the listed somewhere? If not, perhaps it should be or at the very least the script should prematurely abort before then.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll restrict the filetypes to jpg and gif in the upload form for now. I was going to include support for png in the thumbnailing script but didn't get around to it.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I found a couple of scans that aren't loading on the single image view page.

http://www.vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=17800

They load fine in the gallery though.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 06:55 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Are you using Firefox? For some reason Firefox refuses to display images over a certain dimension. You can see this for yourself by repeatedly zooming an image larger until it disappears.

Works fine in IE, by the way.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 07:02 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yep, I use firefox, so that explains it. Ah well.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 02:58 PM
VGMdb Staff

Not a bug exactly, but shouldn't the "No tracklist found." notice's font be set to conform with those of the other three simillar notices?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:31 PM

Something I just noticed: I'm unable to edit album infos and tracklists, since the "Edit" button isn't hyperlinked (it's just standard font that you can highlight but do nothing else with). Also, I can't access other tracklists than the standard set one. EG: On an album page with a default English tracklist and an additional Japanese one, I can't access the latter.

Is this just me? Or am I overlooking something?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:35 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It sounds like you disabled Javascript. Those features need Javascript to work (and yeah, we'll have to fix that so it actually degrades properly).
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:02 PM

Huh, that's weird. Says I've got Javascript enabled in Firefox (which is my primary browser), then again I just downloaded an update. Might look into that, thanks. (And the Javascript functions work fine in IE so yeah)
Old Apr 22, 2008, 05:21 AM

KoF 98 AST album's tracklist was totally wrong,i fixed it: http://www.vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=1570
please delete blank tarcks 11&12
Old Apr 22, 2008, 06:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

They're gone now. Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 04:13 AM

Garou Densetsu(Fatal Fury) 15th Anniversary Box Set's disc 6 tracklist was totally wrong,i fixed it: http://www.vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=8053
please delete blank tracks 37,38 and 39
Old Apr 23, 2008, 04:16 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Okay, i've deleted them. Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 01:07 AM

I added KoF 98 Ultimate Match's tracklist with the info i found from here:http://item.rakuten.co.jp/joshin-cddvd/4562144212030/ ,i could have done some mistakes,please check out the album and fix it:http://www.vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=7599
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:08 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I made some changes to match the Joshinweb tracklist (they've been pretty useful lately.) I don't know where you got a few of the track titles, since they didn't match at all.
Old May 9, 2008, 01:05 AM

"SS Best Select By Characters" 's tracklist was in totally japanese,i found some of tracks in English,please fix the other one,japanese tracklist doesn't help to find the tracks: http://www.vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=3517
Old May 9, 2008, 03:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighTeen87 View Post
"SS Best Select By Characters" 's tracklist was in totally japanese,i found some of tracks in English,please fix the other one,japanese tracklist doesn't help to find the tracks: http://www.vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=3517
Please don't edit a Japanese tracklist to turn it into an English one. We support having both tracklists for our albums. The thing to do is to add a new English tracklist by going to the album edit menu, and selecting Add a Tracklist. Once it's added, you can set it as default.
Old May 9, 2008, 09:05 AM

ok sorry about that
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:45 AM
VGMdb Administrator

A couple of small things:

Fixed a bug where using special characters (like quotation marks) in the Want/Sale List Notes field would cause an SQL error.

Added Australian Dollars (AUD) to the list of available currencies for the album price.

Added "Canceled Release" as an option for album classification.

Also, "Bootleg" is now a user-selectable classification, unlike previously where it was only selectable by staff.
Closed Thread