VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 14, 2016, 03:23 AM

Talking Dyna Brothers 1 & 2 Arrange Album

Hi guys! I am new here, but very active on numerous video game forums. I've recently managed to finish one particular project which I am posting about in this thread. The Dyna Brothers soundtrack project which I have been trying to realize in the last week has finally come to fruition. Download the package here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/86...ange_Album.zip

In keeping with the forum guidelines, this is NOT by any means a rip of a commercial album. Here's the scoop:

Basically, the game's composer created arranged versions of selected tracks from the soundtrack and offered them on his website. However, to hear them as they were meant to be, he suggested listening to them on a Roland SC-55. The SC-55 was one of the first general MIDI sound modules and quite popular with PC gamers back in the days of DOS. A generous user from Vogons, James-F, kindly volunteered to record them by my request through his own personal SC-55 mkII hardware. The then edited them for consistency, and finally sent me the files in FLAC format as I suggested. I finished it up with a proper tagging of the files. Prior to this, there were no recordings online of the tracks in SC-55 format. So here they are. Let me know what you think. Also feel free to ask any questions about the Dyna Brothers games, since they're not well known. It was a real-time strategy series for Sega Genesis/MegaDrive which only came out in Japan. There were two of them, and I cover how to play them starting with the first in this FAQ:

http://textuploader.com/ds51k

Again, give me some feedback. I really enjoy the music of these games!

Last edited by Jeckidy; Sep 14, 2016 at 03:26 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 07:36 AM

Thanks! Downloading now, will give it a listen later today (I hope).
Old Sep 16, 2016, 07:35 AM

Sounds great! The production quality is excellent. Makes me wish Quest Studios MIDIs got this treatment, too.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 09:02 AM

Thank you for the feedback! It's certainly one of my favorite MegaDrive soundtracks! Also, feel free to share it as long as you use the original link provided here, with the original Readme intact in the archive so that people will know where it came from.

Tags
brothers, dyna, genesis, mega drive, sega