VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 1, 2016, 03:30 PM

Are we sure there won't be any Go Shinna for this one? Since the games are connected lore wise I figured there might be some rearrangements of themes from Zestiria.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 08:52 PM
VGMdb Staff

He didn't participate on this one.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 02:27 AM

There are only unchanged reused themes from Zestiria in the game indeed, and those don't feature on the soundtrack.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 05:42 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Should the Limited Edition be the parent version ?
Catalog number is preceding the normal release.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 06:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Usually I've always put the regular edition as parent, not sure if we have a guideline about that. Zestiria OST is the same for example.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 06:31 AM

if there is guideline for limited before regular, it should be changed because it's dumb
you have more chances to get a regular edition than limited edition sometime after the release date
meaning you can fail getting the limited edition (simply because by definition it's limited)

so regular edition should always be parent, like all osts that have no limited editions
Old Sep 2, 2016, 06:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, labels all do catalog numbers differently so there would be no consistency. Like how some labels use one catalog number for multi-disc releases and others don't.

So when the number of the LE precedes the RE, it doesn't necessarily mean anything important - some publishers just do it that way.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
There are only unchanged reused themes from Zestiria in the game indeed, and those don't feature on the soundtrack.
Yeah I noticed when listening to the gamerip that Shiina only gets a few reused songs included in the game. Those being "The Way of Katz", The Earth Temple theme and both versions of Zaveid's theme (neither of which the official Zestiria OST included sadly).
Old Sep 22, 2016, 03:27 PM

http://www.talesoforchestra.com/

New concert like the past year.
I will wait until I see what will they play and who will go (Sakuraba), but I believe I will go...
Old Sep 23, 2016, 08:01 AM

Neat! I hope they'll play more in-game music this time (and don't repeat stuff), though the last one was better than expected as well.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 05:12 AM

Some comments of the linner notes by Sakuraba:

There are a lot of dark songs but since this is a Tales of I had to be moderate.
On the previous game I wanted to make more game-style music, so this time I used more Rythm style instruments and a lot of Synth.

Overall I wanted to use more Chorus-style sounds but it hasn't matched the first half of the game setting. If someday I can arrange some tracks, I will try to use more chorus.

In this soundtrack I had problem with 2 tracks, Magilou, the great sorceress and Rokurou Rangetsu. Are both songs ok...? I asked to myself, but looks like both were ok.

To compose Magilou's song I used for inspiration the character and the seiyuu, it helped me to imagine the setting.

Normally I like the battle theme's tempo but in this soundtrack I like the cheerful melodies like Theme of Laphicet. I think Heart-warming songs are really good.