VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This album and SMCD-00005 are collected in SMCD-00006~7. I could only find artist credits for the compilation, and not on a per-track basis, so I don't know who did the tracks on this specific album. There are very likely performer credits for everything too, given Sold Out is a band simulation game and the pieces are vocals.

The first word in the album title is 禁じ手 ("kinjite"), which means something like "forbidden hand" and refers to banned moves in sumo wrestling. I just went with "Forbidden" for the album title, but I'm open to more clever translation suggestions. I'm thinking "Banned" might be a little better.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 02:34 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I added the covers for the complete & rock versions.

It seems like there is lot of informations on the back cover..
But it might be not big enough to read correcly..
Maybe i am wrong.. but check en eye to it.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 04:42 AM

The performer credits are legible at least, but a lot of the other text makes my eyes hurt.

About the 禁じ手 thing, it's used in Go and Shouji matches as well for forbidden (cheat) moves. It's also used in a more general sense to refer to forbidden/unacceptable moves (for instance in business). I'm a bit out of inspiration right now, but "Forbidden Moves Sound Collection (...)" seems like a serviceable translation at least.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 08:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
I added the covers for the complete & rock versions.
Have I ever said just how ridiculous the number of covers you dig up is? I'm seriously in awe.

Judging by the scans, 禁じ手 isn't actually part of the title at all, but just part of that blurb on the obi that's the same for both albums. Should just be "Sound Collection Sold Out ~ Rock" or "Sound Collection Sold Out ~ Rock version."

Don't see any composer credits on those back scans, sadly. As .59 said, performer credits are mostly legible, but I'm thinking they're all aliases or in-game "performers." Track 1 on the rock album, for instance, is credited to Flash (vocals), Steve (guitar), Shell (bass; "shell" should actually be "シェル," but this is written as "シェルー" with an extended final vowel, so I'm not 100% sure), and Don (drums). That last column of information is "official comment," so it probably doesn't contain much useful information.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 08:17 AM

I believe that's "Shelly" シェリー for the bassist on track one, but yeah, they're probably bogus names or aliases. Don't know about the title though. All hits for the catalog number on Google have the 禁じ手 part in the title. Maybe it's written like that on the CDs spine?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:26 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, you're right, I got that character wrong. Should be Shelly or Sherry.

禁じ手 could very well be on the spine; we'd need a scan or someone with the album to make sure, and it seems that both are in fairly short supply. Given how few places there are with information on this album (less than 20 Google hits on all the catalog numbers and "サウンフォコレクション ソールドアウト"), everyone just getting the wrong title from a single bad source seems plausible to me. We may never know.

As an aside, JGML definitely has at least one title wrong for sure: on the rock edition, it has "サウンフォ" ("saunfo") instead of "サウンド" ("saundo"/"sound").