VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Assaults Suits Valken for SNES had some amazing tracks (see http://vgmdb.net/album/8657 though I prefer it straight from the SPCs). However, this album of PS2 remake music is a disaster. The new style lacks the charm and polish of the SFC sound. Some of the tracks here don't even sound finished. If you're looking for an arrange album, check out the earlier and far superior TOCT-6861 (http://vgmdb.net/album/5285). Stay far, far away from this album.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:29 PM

This soundtrack has plenty of "charm" and "polish", it just seems you can't grasp the genius of Masanao Akahori's style, and the way he chose to arrange these pieces. If it's not your taste in music, that's fine, but don't bash the artist's music for having no "charm" or being "unpolished" or sounding "unfinished" just because the music doesn't suit your individual tastes. That just shows how little appreciation you have for this particular branch of the music art form.

EDIT: Oh, I'm so no good at trolling these days that I can't even keep this post serious. I'm just posting this because it's what everyone else posts whenever somebody writes a negative review and since nobody had given you your lumps yet I figured I would take my first turn at it. But you're probably absolutely right, this CD probably sucks and if I heard it I'd probably agree with you. I just thought I would try my hand at berating you for "blasting an artist's work" and I have to say, if I were serious about what I said right there, I would feel like the biggest elitist prick ever. I actually felt kind of bad just for posting it non-seriously, not only because it made me feel like a douchebag, but because I actually kind of like your posts and don't really want to get on your case.

Last edited by Hellacia; Mar 10, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 06:22 AM

Is it known of Masanao Akahori actually re-arranged this music himself?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know for sure, but the only person credited in the game is this DJ eQuip person.