VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:53 AM

Let's detail some of the people in charge of the sound of the Carnage Heart series.

Carnage Heart
Music: Shingo Murakami, Kousuke Tanaka
Sound: Daisuke Nakakaze

According to the game credits the music composers for the first installment of the franchise are Shingo Murakami and Kousuke Tanaka. Easy enough. Btw, I’ve found a site (村上慎吾 credited alongside other Artdink composers) that confirms that this Shingo Murakami is the one of Valis fame.

Carnage Heart EZ
Lead Sound Designer: Daisuke Nakakaze

According to the game credits there is only one person in charge of the sound and is Daisuke Nakakaze, so he must be the music composer for this game, unless it reuses the music of the first game (Carnage Heart EZ is just an updated version of the original game) but that doesn't make much sense since this album distinguishes the music of this game from the first one's.

Zeus: Carnage Heart Second
Lead Sound Designer: Emiko Suganuma (Source)
Sound Designer: Ryuji Nishida (Source)

I've uploaded a video to youtube, which is the source for the sound staff involved in this game. There is no way to know certainly who composed for this game, maybe just Emiko Suganuma or both of them. Personally, I'm inclined to think that Emiko Suganuma it's the only composer for this title but I don't have any proof to back this up.

Zeus II: Carnage Heart
Main Sound Designer: Ryuji Nishida
メインサウンド デザイナ: 仁志田 竜司 (Source)
Sound Designer: Daisuke Nakakaze, Masami Ozawa, Osamu Yoshida
サウンド デザイナ: 中風 大輔, 小澤 昌美, 吉田 敦 (Source)

Some time ago I uploaded the ending video of this game and I used it as source for crediting the sound staff, but for some reason I forgot to credit three persons in charge of the sound. It’s about time to fix that, although there is no certainty that anyone of them composed for this game. Ryuji Nishida is the only one 100% sure.

Carnage Heart Portable
Music Composers: Yousuke Yasui, Ryuji Nishida

To have this album in our database simplify the things. We even know who composed what!

Carnage Heart EXA
Sound Director: Ryuji Nishida
サウンドディレクター: 仁志田 竜司 (Source)
Sound Composer: Shinji Hosoe (Super Sweep co.), Ayako Saso (Super Sweep co.), Shuhei Seki (Yay! Confirmation)
サウンドコンポーザー: 細江 慎治 (株式会社スーパースィープ), 佐宗 綾子 (株式会社スーパースィープ), 関秀平 (Source)
Sound Engineer: Tomoya Sato
サウンドエンジニア: 佐藤智弥 (Source)

The best for the last one, you can’t imagine what a torture it is to rip a video with sound from PSP games; lucky I’m tenacious. As you can see, aside from the other credits related to sound, there are three people credited for sound composition, two iconic vgm composers and a third one who, I guess, is an in-house composer at Artdink.

関秀平 (siuhe is his alias) and this interesting site could be related to him.

Btw, speaking of tweets, I’ve found a relevant tweet of Ayako Saso with information about her involvement in Carnage Heart EXA, although I don’t know what she means exactly by “a musical piece” (I don’t think she wrote just one track for the game). What I am pretty sure of is that Hosoe is the main composer for this title.

And if you’re wondering what’s my source for the romanization of the sound engineer, here you have. He’s credited alongside Ryuji Nishida as Sound Designer.

And that’s all, but if there are any experts out there who can add more information about the sound staff of the Carnage Heart series, I’m all ears.

Last edited by isdapi; Dec 21, 2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: too many damn links and the confirmation I was waiting for
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:13 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Don't have any groundbreaking new info for you, but I'm going through SuperSweep's work list and got to their entry for EXA: http://sweep.co.jp/index.php/20101028/

Quote:
にて、細江慎治/佐宗綾子が楽曲制作に参加致しました。
So this corroborates that both Hosoe and Saso wrote music, and the entry uses the phrasing they use when other people outside of SuperSweep did work too (参加致す vs. 担当致す), so Seki probably did compose something vs. just doing sound effects or whatever (since "sound composer" is a bit ambiguous).

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
Btw, speaking of tweets, I’ve found a relevant tweet of Ayako Saso with information about her involvement in Carnage Heart EXA, although I don’t know what she means exactly by “a musical piece” (I don’t think she wrote just one track for the game). What I am pretty sure of is that Hosoe is the main composer for this title.
This tweet can be confusing if you're not familiar with Twitter customs: everything after "RT" is something Hosoe originally tweeted, and everything before "RT" is stuff Saso was adding on as a comment. So Hosoe was the one who said "I gave a musical piece to CARNAGE HEART EXA" and Saso was just saying she did too.

Also, Hosoe's English isn't great, so I wouldn't read that as definitively saying he only wrote one song, especially since the Japanese bit after doesn't indicate that.