VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 9, 2017, 08:24 AM

I may be easily amused, but I had a huge smile this morning when the status of my order for this album changed to "Billed".
Old Feb 9, 2017, 09:23 PM

This is a soundtrack album I have been longing to see for a long, long time now. Ever since I first saw this film WAAAY back in theaters in August of 1990. I'll never forget how blown away I was by this music in the film, and to finally have it available on CD is a dream (errrrr, wish!) come true.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:59 AM

Yeah, I agree. The music is really good.

I also hope they release the soundtrack to the main DuckTales series as well. And I'm still hoping that people like me in the U.K. will one day be able to buy the DuckTales Remastered soundtrack, too, as it only seems to be available digitally in the U.S.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 01:17 AM

Wow, that's such a random release. I actually have the DVD on my shelf xD
I'm really suprised they would see profit in something like this.
Anyway, great stuff!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyblunder View Post
Wow, that's such a random release. I actually have the DVD on my shelf xD
I'm really suprised they would see profit in something like this.
Anyway, great stuff!
I think it probably has something to do with it being the 30th Anniversary of DuckTales and that they are making that new 2017 DuckTales series. At least, that's my guess.

Still, glad they are releasing this album, though.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 05:29 AM

It's not random at all when you consider what Intrada (and labels like LaLaLand, Musicbox, etc) release on a monthly basis. It may be animated, but it's still a Hollywood movie with a Hollywood composer. VERY standard fare for Intrada, especially with their partnership with Disney.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sireef View Post
I think it probably has something to do with it being the 30th Anniversary of DuckTales and that they are making that new 2017 DuckTales series. At least, that's my guess.

Still, glad they are releasing this album, though.

That's what I'm thinking as well. They're probably also doing it in honor of Mr. Alan Young, who sadly passed last year.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 01:26 PM

Having just received the album today, I have to say it does indeed live up to my expectations. The score, presented here in its entirety (including some scenes which, interestingly, had a few recuts -- notably the Party scene where Scrooge is pursued by Merlock, and a few missing segments; this is from someone who has seen the film countless times), sounds absolutely fantastic. Intrada, as usual, does an outstanding job. The only two disappointments I have about this release are the lack of the Mark Mueller theme song (added in post production), and in the liner notes, the lack of a cue sheet. I always loved seeing the cue sheets in Intrada's releases, but for some reason it's not on this one.

Otherwise, however, this CD is one that I've been waiting to own for far too long, and to have it in pristine quality is a genuine treat.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Having just received the album today, I have to say it does indeed live up to my expectations. The score, presented here in its entirety (including some scenes which, interestingly, had a few recuts -- notably the Party scene where Scrooge is pursued by Merlock, and a few missing segments; this is from someone who has seen the film countless times), sounds absolutely fantastic. Intrada, as usual, does an outstanding job. The only two disappointments I have about this release are the lack of the Mark Mueller theme song (added in post production), and in the liner notes, the lack of a cue sheet. I always loved seeing the cue sheets in Intrada's releases, but for some reason it's not on this one.

Otherwise, however, this CD is one that I've been waiting to own for far too long, and to have it in pristine quality is a genuine treat.
That's great to know that the album is good. Really looking forward to when my copy arrives.

Shame about the lack of cue sheets, though.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 01:34 PM

This score has been a favourite of mine since I was a kid and first watched the movie. David Newman is actually one of the composers I first started noticing when I was a kid, for their work in Ice Age, and a few other movies. This is one that I actually, too, have always loved, and was in my wishlist. I knew Intrada would release it one day, due to their great relationship with Disney and, even David Newman, too. But the day I saw Intrada tease it to us - I got really excited and happy. I couldn't believe it. It's a dream come true... This joins the list of the Intrada must-haves, along the Tinker Bell ones.. one day, they'll all be in my collection... wonderful music, and wonderful albums.

Sireef, you are from the UK, it seems. I'm from Spain, how long does it usually take for Intrada to give you an order? I've been wanting to buy them for a while...
Old Feb 12, 2017, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
This score has been a favourite of mine since I was a kid and first watched the movie. David Newman is actually one of the composers I first started noticing when I was a kid, for their work in Ice Age, and a few other movies. This is one that I actually, too, have always loved, and was in my wishlist. I knew Intrada would release it one day, due to their great relationship with Disney and, even David Newman, too. But the day I saw Intrada tease it to us - I got really excited and happy. I couldn't believe it. It's a dream come true... This joins the list of the Intrada must-haves, along the Tinker Bell ones.. one day, they'll all be in my collection... wonderful music, and wonderful albums.

Sireef, you are from the UK, it seems. I'm from Spain, how long does it usually take for Intrada to give you an order? I've been wanting to buy them for a while...
I can't remember. I think it takes about two or three weeks after they ship the item. Also depends how nice Customs are feeling.