VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:21 PM

information

http://bsm11084.hp.infoseek.co.jp/fumei.html

and

Media Format shall be 1 CD

please help me for editing
Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:06 PM

please check the disc

Catalog Number not GCFC-021

GCFC-21 is right
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We don't always follow the number as printed on the disc. Brocolli later changed their scheme so that they could have more than 100 albums in the run.

http://vgmdb.net/search?q=gcfc

The scan for GCFC-052 shows this, so we apply these later changes so that the numbers will sort in order when displayed.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:10 AM

土山茂三 = Shigezo Tsuchiyama
津田沼広房 = Hirofusa Tsutanuma

Please people of the forum confirm it.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:38 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexanale2k5 View Post
土山茂三 = Shigezo Tsuchiyama
津田沼広房 = Hirofusa Tsutanuma
Both are possible readings, but I couldn't find any source confirming it. Hirofusa Tsutanuma seems the only possible reading for 津田沼広房, though.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
Both are possible readings, but I couldn't find any source confirming it. Hirofusa Tsutanuma seems the only possible reading for 津田沼広房, though.
It seems that this is a big problem in this forum. Mamy people can't read japanese and need external sources to get information. I Asked to confirm because Secret Squirrel doesn't believe in my readings of the names. Many details are found only in Japanese, and many of them are "inaccessible" because of it. Name readings are a problem to non asiatic people. I know it.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Kanji names can be read in different ways, then you need to check with an external source to make sure that's the name of the person. For example, look how many different ways "土山茂三" can be read (copy/paste this name on WWWJDIC):

* 土山 【つちやま】 Tsuchiyama (p,s) 【つやま】 Tsuyama (s) 【どやま】 Doyama (p,s) NA
* 茂三 【しげぞう】 Shigezou (g) 【きぞう】 Kizou (u) 【しげみ】 Shigemi (u) NA

Also, "土山茂三" may be the same name as another person who has nothing to do with the composer.

Last edited by Revoc; Feb 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:07 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexanale2k5 View Post
Name readings are a problem to non asiatic people. I know it.
Incidentally, it's a problem for asiatic people too =) Even for the Japanese themselves, there's plenty of readings they can't be 100% certain of unless the owner of the name confirms it.

By the way, 津田沼 can also be read as Tsudanuma. You could even read 広房 as Koubou, though Hirofusa is much more likely.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

For all these reasons, we are better off sticking with the Japanese characters when we can't find a confirmed reading (which usually takes the form of explicit hiragana on some informational site.) Most of the times that this occurs, the artist in question is usually a minor one with few credits, so the Western reader is not missing something critical if it's unreadable to him.

In fact, this will probably become part of the submission guidelines very soon.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:49 AM

It seems that I awoke the wrath of the staff of this forum ...

Anyway, I think that names in Kanji mixed with romanized versions of other names are useless (One person could read and think: Oh great!I still do not know what name is that!). They can be omitted rather than being written in Kanji. I know that even to Japanese sometimes is difficult to read the names, and they make mistakes when they convert names to hiragana/katakana. There are classic examples of this. For Japanese names there are certain rules, and with some of them I try to read the names. But I can say to you one thing: some names will never receive a reading confirmation, because they are less known names, as you said. Instead of giving so much importance to this minor names, you should pay more attention to the large number of errors that exist in the database, I saw several in the few albums that I checked (names of people translated as common words, wrong titles, exaggerated translation errors and things of this type). I tried just to contribute, adding new information. I apologize for that. I will not make more interferences.

私の欲しいは貢献することです。 新しい情報を追加する。本当にすみません。もっと干渉することがない。
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Actually, one thing you could really help us with is correcting some of the translation errors that we have.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
VGMdb Administrator

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding here, because nobody is angry with you. Corrections of any kind are always greatly appreciated. And it is precisely because of translations being submitted without fact-checking, that the very errors you describe arise in the first place.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
... Brocolli later changed their scheme so that they could have more than 100 albums in the run.

I don't know where you got that idea that broccoli changed their catalogue scheme, because the first GCFC is GCFC-001 (not GCFC-1) as printed on the booklet and same with the following catalogues (that disc thing is either a typo or a non-0 catalogue thing)

note: I know, 3+ years later (but for my defense, I'm seeing broccoli releases at the moment)
Old Feb 16, 2020, 01:30 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added a romaji and English translation track list. Would anyone be willing to check my work and make any corrections if needed? Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 06:12 PM

Yumemigachi, Mukougawa (perso I'd have stuck shitai)