VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:39 AM

Standard limited edition policy of La-La Land, 3000 units.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:38 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Not sure we choose the "Limited Edition" if there is no "Standard Edition", unless this have changed ?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:50 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, my fault, been using that one on purpose for LLL releases because it's marketed everywhere as LE (also on the album packaging back, tray). LLL does this because it is truly limited in a sense once it's sold out, there won't be any further pressings after that unless it's by a popular demand which happens rarely (e.g. Batman TAS Second Edition). If there was an earlier release (digital most likely), LLL will add some exclusive tracks too, making it a better deal. Although LLL sells mostly LEs, it happens they have certain releases which are never marked as LE.

It always strikes me as odd to go against label's given information considering even an option such as "limited pressing" could work too because it's not LE as the db exactly sees it but it's never just a standard edition either so it would be fair to also mark it differently.

There was some talk to use LE for the db if it's small quantity but I don't remember how that ended (if it even did) tbh.

Anyway there's just 15 or so entries to "fix" if it's bothering that much so no worries.

Could be resolved better by doing that "Limited Pressing" as a choice though. Oh well, maybe another thing to add at some point besides that "DLC" option for Steam soundtracks.

Last edited by Efendija; Apr 7, 2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 01:57 PM

Say it with me: "I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:53 AM

I am happy to see an american record label at least digging into the vault past works and making it available to us. Now if they can just tease us with some Justice League Unlimited tracks, or is it too big for them to handle?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 05:45 PM

Disregard.

Last edited by universalgenius12; Jan 12, 2016 at 05:56 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 06:05 AM

If you want to know the latest news on La La Land's releases watch this forum here:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar....cfm?forumID=1

They have a lot of plans to release more music from Warner Bros. Animation, I expect more this year but I think the priority is to finish off Batman The Animated Series.