VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:13 AM

I think the products represented for this album and http://vgmdb.net/album/2166 are really

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (Bio Hazard -Code: Veronica Complete-)

Obviously, for the other one. But for this one too. The X seems to have been lost, and it's called "Complete" in Japan according to some various GameFAQs results.

Also, this is a minor nitpick, but for these Code Veronica albums, the English titles don't have the hyphens separating the subtitle. Also, the representation is backwards of what it normally is, which is "English (Japanese)". I'll go ahead and make some changes... revert them if they're incorrect in some way.

EDIT: Apparently I won't, because there's no way for me to.

http://vgmdb.net/album/1219
http://vgmdb.net/album/1220
http://vgmdb.net/album/2166

Are the albums that need fixing up one way or another.

Last edited by Hellacia; Feb 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:24 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Wow, how could we have missed this

I think i fixed everything.
Changed the platform for Biohazard -Code: Veronica-, it's now only Dreamcast, as i think this version was only on DC.

The "X / complete" was an updated port for PS2/GC/DC.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 04:00 PM

Cool, good catch. Yeah, I just read about these games on various Google searches. I've actually never played Resident Evil (well, a couple times and didn't like it), but I have a friend who's really into it and he asked me about the soundtracks (for like EVERY game in the series lol). I just checked them all out here on VGMdb and noticed something was off.

Thanks for fixing them :)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:51 PM

Isn't "完全版" (lit. Complete Edition) still part of the game title? I'd keep it in Romaji for now.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:10 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I changed it to Veronica X because that is the US version name of the "Complete Version" game. That was just to make it easier for you to link to the correct product.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/reside...de-veronica-x/
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:40 PM

My question is;

Quote:
The Japanese title: バイオハザード コード:ベロニカ完全版
The Romaji title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica Kanzenban
The localized title: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
and I'm not sure if Capcom officially translates 完全版 (Kanzenban) as "Complete Version (or Complete Edition, etc.). If not, I think we should go with the romaji or the localized title, since this is still part of the game title.
Old May 2, 2020, 12:42 AM

I'm a Code Veronica noob. So is this the whole OST spread over two discs? Why did it fit on a single disc and later needed two? Do the PS2 and GC version add that much music, or maybe everything was made to loop three times?

Also, the "button" shown in the scans, was it a 1st print exclusive advertised with a sticker? How was it sold together, since it doesn't fit in the case, taped to the case? With an additional shrinkwrap?

Thanks

Last edited by LuxKiller65; May 2, 2020 at 12:44 AM.
Old May 2, 2020, 02:51 AM

Giga-summary of the summary ahead:

Code Veronica originally released for the Dreamcast.

Code Veronica X/Complete is an extended version of the game for the PlayStation 2, with more scenes involving — mostly Albert Wesker and completely different music for the ending credits, among other things.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old May 2, 2020, 05:49 AM

Sounds good, just not enough to fill an entire disc I guess
Old Jan 8, 2022, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
I'm a Code Veronica noob. So is this the whole OST spread over two discs? Why did it fit on a single disc and later needed two? Do the PS2 and GC version add that much music, or maybe everything was made to loop three times?
The reasons for the second disc are threefold:

1. Some prominent tracks (e.g. "The Palace of Insane") were given a second loop where the original OST only had one.
2. Some tracks such as "Steve's Chafe" and "Hot Rescue" included in the vanilla Dreamcast version of the game but not on the original OST were added.
3. Lastly, new music composed for the Dreamcast re-release and the PlayStation 2 port, such as "Greetings" and "For S.T.A.R.S.", was included.

This OST is still incomplete, though. It's missing a few jingles and the adult Albinoid battle BGM (that's the one, I think) that were present in the original Dreamcast version as well as some PAL version compositions that were extended compared to their NTSC counterparts ("Midnight Sun") to accommodate the longer cutscene runtimes. The Dreamcast version for an altered track is missing ("Murderous Eyes"), as is the re-release version of "Resurrection" which was also altered. There may be a few more but those are the most important ones.

And could somebody break into the Nextech vault and create a composer breakdown for this? Needless to say Capcom should have hired Miura. His work on Darkside Chronicles and Revelations was stellar.