VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 14, 2014, 04:45 PM

I'm not sure if this should be labeled as something else than the normal "commercial", since it required people to book their copy in advance (up to 2-3 weeks before release), and only those copies were produced. It was never possible to order it normally after release.

Also, the "box" is really a slipcase, but the last time I tried labeling something as "slipcase" (TECMO ARCADE), someone renamed it to box instead.

There are probably a few artists missing here and there since I haven't gone through all "Togainu no Chi" and Lamento releases.

The release price is the price it cost at the time of release. Japan has since increased their sales tax from 5% to 8%, and it seems the store has automatically changed all prices for their products, even the ones that are out of print. 15000yen is what I paid for it, with tax.

There are a lot more chapters on the discs than the ones in the tracklist. These are only listed in the booklets, and consist of video (from the games) shown on a giant monitor at the concert hall. I'm not sure whether these should be added in the tracklist or not, or if I should go by the tracklist on the back of the cases.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 07:19 PM

Like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submission Guidelines
Preorder Bonus
Bonus item provided by the publisher only for preorders.
That would be the Preorder/Early Purchase Bonus category, which is a subcategory under Commercial.

Also, can't comment about TECMO ARCADE GAME CHRONICLE, but this one's definitely a slipcase.
http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/img389.auc...e8zcck6491.jpg
For anybody that's confused, the difference is very simple: a slipcase has one side always open, whereas a box actually has 4 sides with one (or more) of them closing.

EDIT: Found TECMO ARCADE GAME CHRONICLE.
http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/img361.auc...xlnwjn3530.jpg
Clearly a slipcase. Shame on whoever changed it back to case. For the difference between slipcase and case: a case also opens and closes, though usually from the top. Take any jewel case, for example. A slipcase, again, has any one of the sides always open, even if it's the bottom. Chrono Cross, for example, has the top always open, while most Final Fantasy soundtracks have a side open.

Last edited by Hellacia; Nov 14, 2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Like this?

Preorder Bonus
Bonus item provided by the publisher only for preorders.

That would be the Preorder/Early Purchase Bonus category, which is a subcategory under Commercial.
I guess that one could be used. I wasn't sure if it was fitting or not at first, since the entire item (without bonus DVD) could never be purchased separately, and "preorder bonus" made it sound like it was intended for the separate CDs/DVDs that were given out to anyone that ordered something in advance (in this case only disc 7), not for an entire collection of things, where part of it could be acquired otherwise. When I look around the database nearly all preorder bonuses are listed separately from whatever it was they were included with. But if you think it's the right one, that's good enough for me, I'm still just a noob here anyway.

I am well aware of what a slipcase is and I agree with you, just need an editor to change both back to slipcase now. If I try to change it myself it will probably be changed back to box again. Hopefully what you wrote will remove any confusion about what a box/slipcase is.
By the way, the TECMO item even has a link to an unboxing video where you can clearly see that it is a slipcase. :S
Old Nov 15, 2014, 08:55 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't think the preorder bonus category is appropriate for this one. That category is used when the release is a preorder bonus for something else, this is just a normal release that was only available for a limited amount of time. This could be called "Limited Production" if we were to add a new distribution type, but for now I think you can just mention it in the notes.

I've changed the scan names to slipcase, and speaking about it: does it show the catalog of the 7th disc on its side or somewhere else? Because if it doesn't, it should probably only be included in the media (and mentioned in the notes if you want), but not in the catalog of the album itself. Random example of an album with a bonus disc with a different catalog: http://vgmdb.net/album/22436

Last edited by Illidan; Nov 15, 2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 09:49 AM

Ok, that's what I was thinking at first due to the wording, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Sadly they do not have a unique catalog number for the box itself, and I was unsure how to properly label this. I think the separate releases (one for each day (1 Blu-ray + 2 DVD)) have the catalog numbers GRN-038~40 and GRN-041~43, so I merely put them together. This box is merely the regular two releases in a slipcase together with a bonus disc. The bonus disc only has its catalog number printed on the DVD and on its separate case.
In that case I'll leave out the bonus disc from the main catalog number.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:34 AM

Oh wait, you had to order this item in advance to get this item? My bad, I didn't really see what you were saying the first time. Yeah, it can't be a preorder bonus for itself