VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:17 AM

Alias: KIRRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RAueyBtJWs at 2:38 (Rockman X)

EDIT: Could Kirry (aka Toshihiko) be the same person as Kirikiri-chan from Rockman & Forte? It seems very possible to me, and they even sound the same (Kirry = Kiri).

Yeah, it's gotta be. The music I assume Kiri does in Rockman & Forte has that same sense of drama and urgency found in the Rockman X4 soundtrack, especially when comparing King Stage to the likes of Final Weapon Stage 1 (Space Port) and 2 (Final Weapon).

Lastly, this would make Toshihiko female, right? It's strange, considering that I kinda just assumed she was male out of nothing, but I guess the "ko" at the end kind of brings it all together.

Is this not right?

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 5, 2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 03:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Lastly, this would make Toshihiko female, right? It's strange, considering that I kinda just assumed she was male out of nothing, but I guess the "ko" at the end kind of brings it all together.

Is this not right?
Probably not. -ko (子) at the end of a given name does indeed mean female most of the time, but probably the biggest exception is when the name ends in -hiko (彦), which pretty reliably indicates a male. Here are a few Toshihikos, all male.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 05:27 AM

Kirikiri-chan being Toshihiko seems to make a lot of sense to me as well. too coincidental. However it would be nice to get an official word on that, maybe from Kaida since she's quite easy to contact (also a full breakdown of that OST, i'm really dying to know the extents to which they each participated. Chiptuned Rockman is such a tease!)

added "Krsk" to the aliases earlier, but couldn't find your source for that info. is it on SEMO?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:14 AM

Sounds good to me. The Krsk pseudonym is mentioned in the Rockman 7 OST thread and seems to fit well with the composer findings (although not officially confirmed). The only remaining Capcom pseudonym to be found is Kuru-Kuru Chance Iwami from Street Fighter Alpha...
Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sounds good to me. The Krsk pseudonym is mentioned in the Rockman 7 OST thread and seems to fit well with the composer findings (although not officially confirmed).
Krsk = K I R R Y T O S H I H I K O, AND it's right inbetween Yuko and Makoto's names on the list. (K I R I also works here). Had that theory since the beginning of March.

No doubt: Krsk = Toshihiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Probably not. -ko (子) at the end of a given name does indeed mean female most of the time, but probably the biggest exception is when the name ends in -hiko (彦), which pretty reliably indicates a male.
What I meant to say was that the "ko" sound was there at the end, which justified the use of the alias Kirikiri-chan. I intended that statement to be my last effort in relating Toshihiko to Kirikiri-chan. I wasn't thinking about the actual symbols at the time. If it were Kirikiri-kun, I wouldn't have been able to connect Toshihiko to the alias as easily, despite Kiri remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Fixed. :]

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Jun 11, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 04:03 AM

I was wondering the same things and just found this:
http://www.capcom-fc.com/saiban4/2007/03/post_2.html
Among all the talk of porridge there's a cute asian girl and mentions of a Mr. Horiyama.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:15 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I was just listening to "King Castle" from Rockman & Forte, and I was thinking, "this doesn't sound like either Kaida or Mizuta... this sounds like Horiyama!" Stumbled on this thread just afterwards. I too think they are one in the same.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
I was just listening to "King Castle" from Rockman & Forte, and I was thinking, "this doesn't sound like either Kaida or Mizuta... this sounds like Horiyama!" Stumbled on this thread just afterwards. I too think they are one in the same.
Very good news:
Just checked out Booklet pg. 8 of Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero (http://vgmdb.net/album/261) (Interview with Setsuo Yamamoto, Makoto Tomozawa, Toshihiko Horiyama, and Yuko Komiyama [in that order] and saw that Rockman 7 and Rockman & Forte were in Toshihiko's section along with Rockman X4 and Tron ni Kobun). In terms of Rockman 7, this makes me feel stupid for not uncovering this sooner even though I was ultimately right about him being Krsk. However, the presence of Rockman & Forte confirms that Toshihiko Horiyama is, without a doubt, Kirikiri-chan.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 07:50 AM

Here is a pic of him:

He is the one on the right.
source:http://www.capcom.co.jp/sound/specia...823_24639.html
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I want to say this guy composed Demon's Crest for SNES also. I was listening to his track "Battle With Gogandantes" from Onimusha 2, and I was like "this sounds just like Demon's Crest". Then I went back to Demon's Crest, and was like, "holy crap, this is basically just gothic Horiyama".
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:34 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
I want to say this guy composed Demon's Crest for SNES also. I was listening to his track "Battle With Gogandantes" from Onimusha 2, and I was like "this sounds just like Demon's Crest". Then I went back to Demon's Crest, and was like, "holy crap, this is basically just gothic Horiyama".
He did in fact: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?p=23680
Old Dec 21, 2011, 03:09 AM

Thanks for the thread guys it answers a question that i've been trying to find out for a while and the thread was easy to find on the forum
Old Feb 2, 2015, 01:21 AM

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akari Kaida
Kirikiri-chan is not Toshihiko Horiyama. Thanks!
Then this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
From the Rockman 2 Box liner notes, Kaida actually thought Kirikiri was Naoaki Iwami, was surprised he didn't compose.
Thus, reinstated Kirikiri-chan as a pseudonym/variation for Horiyama, and put the world to rights.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 08:12 AM

Loved the work he did for "Rockman EXE 4".
It sounds so different from the other EXEs

Also did Gyakuten Saiban 4and parts of GS6 Great job once again.

Too bad nothing more ever came from him.

Last edited by dai; May 6, 2020 at 10:29 PM.