VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Until both of you actually start purchasing albums, I don't think you have any business commenting here
Old Jul 12, 2010, 05:52 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Recently purchased from avatar..

* Fair prices
* Good packaging
* Items as described
* Good communication!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:24 AM

I purchased 9 CDs from rlockhart.

- I paid via PayPal on Sunday, he shipped them out on Monday, and I received them today (Wednesday). Can't beat that!

- Prices were perfect. He even gave me a little discount on the S/H since I bought so much.

- Some of the best packaging I've ever seen for CDs, I literally got about an entire roll of paper towels in the box. CDs were double wrapped, in a bag, and then the box itself was padded with a thick layer of paper towels. I could have smashed the box with a hammer and the CDs wouldn't have broken.

- He was super polite, honest, and informative during the whole sale process. Provided detailed condition info on each CD and even sent me a group picture so I could actually see them before agreeing to buy. Perfect!

If this were eBay I'd give him an A+++++++++ but since this is VGMdb, he gets a much deserved 5/5 stars.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:49 AM
Trusted Editor

Bought Soukaigi Original Soundtrack from Adol on 5th July for 90EUR (including shipping (France -> Germany)).

Amount was transferred via SEPA and arrived on 6th of July, package was received on 19th of July.

Some notes:
- Communication was a bit slow
- Supplied pictures of the album
- Packaging was suboptimal, some sort of cushion was missing inside the (too large) envelope. Case got broken on its way to me.
- High pricing (90EUR are around 116USD, rlockhart is now selling the album for 70USD, let it be 80USD with shipping)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 01:29 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_miker View Post

- I paid via PayPal on Sunday, he shipped them out on Monday, and I received them today (Wednesday). Can't beat that!

- Prices were perfect. He even gave me a little discount on the S/H since I bought so much.

- Some of the best packaging I've ever seen for CDs, I literally got about an entire roll of paper towels in the box. CDs were double wrapped, in a bag, and then the box itself was padded with a thick layer of paper towels. I could have smashed the box with a hammer and the CDs wouldn't have broken.

- He was super polite, honest, and informative during the whole sale process. Provided detailed condition info on each CD and even sent me a group picture so I could actually see them before agreeing to buy. Perfect!

If this were eBay I'd give him an A+++++++++ but since this is VGMdb, he gets a much deserved 5/5 stars.
Couldn't have said it better!

Purchased 2 albums (Gun Hazard and parasite eve) which were shipped on 16th July and arrived on 21th July (today).

Like Mike said, the packaging is superbe!

Nuff said
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:01 PM
Trusted Editor

Link

I'm amazed how you can put up such a sale when the albums are still available much cheaper in the respective online shop (which are just some clicks away)...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post

Purchased 2 albums (Gun Hazard and parasite eve) which were shipped on 16th July and arrived on 21th July (today).

Nuff said
I also purchased 2 albums from rlockhart

he is the perfect seller!

Thank you rlockhart !!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Bought four Angel Beats! singles from Bernhardt on 20th July for 30USD (including shipping (US -> Germany)).

Amount was transferred via PayPal and Bernhardt shipped the package on 22th of July, received by me on 2th of August.

Some notes:
- Supplies pictures of the album
- Great communication and very fair prices (5USD for each single and 10USD shipping, you can't complain about that!)
- Packaging was good, but sadly one case got damaged (I can't blame him though, these slim cases get easily broken)

I can very much recommend Bernhardt as seller. This is my second purchase from him, some while ago I bought the Breath of Fire box from him (again used) -- no trouble at all with this one
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:31 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_miker View Post

You perfectly described it, so I'll just quote for truth.
I bought five CDs in two batches, the packages were similarly prepared and as safe and secure. Everything else was as you described (except the times of payment)

What still amazes me is the fast shipping. One of my most satisfying purchases of game music.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 01:06 AM

Recently bought two albums, "Speedbeats Grand Prix: Sonic Riders Original Soundtrack" and "True Blue: The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog" from Lackadaisical. Communication was a bit slow since he was preoccupied with guests for a week (Not to mention that I'm notoriously impatient) but he silently ninja-shipped my albums the day after payment and they were in great condition when they got here, heavily bubblewrapped and still shrinkwrapped.

Last edited by DXAshram; Aug 23, 2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:38 AM

Bought two albums from Boyblunder, Unlimited: SaGa and KIRBY SUPER ULTRA DELUXE ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK. Both in excellent condition (one sealed), very fair pricing, fast service and arrived quickly without a scratch. Even during his internet downtime he did what he could to contact me, respect.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:21 AM
Trusted Editor

Bought more stuff from Bernhardt on 3rd August for 85USD (including shipping (US -> Germany)):
Ar tonelico 3 Hymmnos blue (25USD)
Ar tonelico 3 Hymmnos red (25USD)
Mana-Khemia OST (25USD)

All albums in perfect condition, each one with one of those transparent plastic protection sleeves.

Amount was transferred via PayPal and Bernhardt shipped the package on 10th of August, received by me on 21th of August.

All points in my previous post about the seller still hold.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:35 AM

Purchased Bio Hazard Symphony Op. 91 Crime and Punishment from the_miker.

Paid for using paypal on the 17th of August, he shipped on the 17 of August and arrived on the 23rd of August.

Album was very well protected and in mint condition, also came with a bonus CD that i was very surprised and happy too see ^^

Great communication, was very fast with responding to my messages.

Awesome seller and hope to buy more from him in the future.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:56 AM

Bought some stuff from rlockhart and the_miker AND Bernhard.

All three amazing sellers. Keeps in touch, albums as described, fair prices etc. You can't go wrong with any of these guys!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Bought parasite Eve OST from Boyblunder. As usual no troubles. And this time post office workers even decided to handle the package with care.

Edit: Got the_miker's package day later, packed so nicely that post officers could have even played football with the package. Clearly these two inviduals are people who do know their shit when selling stuff and packaging them.

Last edited by razakin; Aug 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:00 AM

I just wanted to throw in a quick message to say thanks for the kind comments! I also need to add that everyone who have been "adopting" my collection have been fantastic buyers - quick payments and great communication.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:23 AM

Oh I also bought FFIX LE from Nisto. Everything was beyond perfect
Old Aug 29, 2010, 02:08 AM

Sold an album to Boco. Prompt payment, great communication. A great buyer!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:01 PM

Purchased this fantastic album from Another Soundscape. Great price, friendly communication, fast shipping... it was a pleasure all around!

5/5
A+
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:14 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Bought this of Boyblunder, and am now the happiest man in the world. The package came in a little envelope, which was surprisingly packaged with a lot of bubble wrap, and in a good way! Took 2 work days to get it delivered from UK to Sweden -- superfast

A+

Last edited by Nisto; Aug 30, 2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:42 AM

Bought this and this from Boyblunder. Nice packaging, good prices, fast shipment (aside from USPS customs being lame and holding it for four days), and CDs were exactly as described. Awesome seller!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:50 PM

Bought this from kurahadol (Fei <3). Paid on the 7th, he shipped on the 8th, and I received today. Considering he's in Canada, that was wicked fast shipping. Awesome price, great packaging, and the album was minty fresh as advertised. Thanks man!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:56 AM
Trusted Editor

Bought Silent Hill OSTs and Mario & Luigi RPG Sound Selection from Boyblunder. Can confirm the ratings and comments by Nisto and the_miker - recommended seller
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:01 AM

Bought three nice 'ol albums from kurahadol (also known as sexy sexy Fei). Delivery was held up a little bit but when he posted them it was all smooth sailing. As described, great packaging and good communication.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Recently bought one album from Sabreman. The item is as described, great packaging, communication and very fast shipping.
Thanks you
Old Sep 29, 2010, 09:03 AM

Positive Feedback for the_miker as seller

Rating 5/5 - Perfect
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:58 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:

Nuff said
Bought some more albums from rlockhart (Tenchi Sozo, both volumes of Genso Suikoden 2) and again it was perfect experience (apart from the customs delaying my package, however there's nothing you can do about it).
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:50 AM
VGMdb Staff

Bought Dracula Midi Collection album from "the miker". Everything as described, I'm very satisfied. Packaging was supreme, fast shipping and communication.
thanks
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:59 AM
Trusted Editor

Bought FF VII OST from Nisto. Stuff was handled as the way it should be aka fast, good, no problems at all.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 06:48 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Bought more stuff from Bernhardt on 3rd August for 85USD (including shipping (US -> Germany)):
Ar tonelico 3 Hymmnos blue (25USD)
Ar tonelico 3 Hymmnos red (25USD)
Mana-Khemia OST (25USD)

All albums in perfect condition, each one with one of those transparent plastic protection sleeves.

Amount was transferred via PayPal and Bernhardt shipped the package on 10th of August, received by me on 21th of August.

All points in my previous post about the seller still hold.
Another flawless transaction with Bernhardt was just completed

3 albums:
Arc Rise Fantasia
Both volumes of SO3: Till the End of Time

I can't recommend him enough!