VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:25 AM

I was wondering what should I put as the catalog number for this album because apparently it's exactly the same as the IRIS album [LMCD-0013]. I read the directions regarding catalog bearing the same numbers but I just don't see how I can put it like that. Sorry if I'm quite not understanding it fully it's just that I'm not too familiar with cataloging.

Look at the very bottom of the list and you'll see.
http://www.jv44.info/cddb/cd.php?circle_id=7
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

In that case you can just specify the same catalogue number, and mention the duplicate in the notes section.

On the other hand: http://lovemachine.sakura.ne.jp/history.html

The catalogue number on the page you linked is wrong, it should be LMCD-0043.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:38 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Touhouwiki lists the cat number for Fragment as lmcd-0043

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Fragment

This is kind of odd, though perhaps it represents a printing error which they couldn't correct, so they kept it as 43, and then released Iris using 13, which is what Fragment would have been.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 11:42 AM

That's weird. I need to pay a lot closer attention next time. I just browsed through LOVE MACHINE's website and missed that album. Guess that solves the problem. Appreciate the help guys.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 01:50 AM

A number of doujin albums, including this one, have been lately modified with the new price data, and I think we'll benefit from having some consensus here, since I can no longer figure out which is added (and which we should go for, in the first place), the event price or the shop price.

One thing for sure is we can always use the note to add both price (example).
Old Dec 20, 2010, 03:24 AM

I say we should go with the event price since it's essentially the intended price.

I tend to include additional prices when I submit this type of releases, as you pointed out, and I think others should, too.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 04:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
since I can no longer figure out which is added (and which we should go for, in the first place), the event price or the shop price.
I usually go with the shop price, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. The general purchase price makes more sense to me to display than the event price. But the events are the major sales places, so I totally understand doing it the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
One thing for sure is we can always use the note to add both price (example).
I think it'd be pretty cool if the database could keep track of multiple prices, so we wouldn't have to choose just one. We could use it to take care of those pesky digital albums which are sold by different retailers at different prices too. Maybe even those ones which are sold in different regions at different prices by the same store, like Zuntata's.

But adding both prices in the notes is a really good idea for now. I wonder why I never thought of it before.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
[...]

I think it'd be pretty cool if the database could keep track of multiple prices, so we wouldn't have to choose just one. We could use it to take care of those pesky digital albums which are sold by different retailers at different prices too. Maybe even those ones which are sold in different regions at different prices by the same store, like Zuntata's.
This is a good idea, which I wanted to mention in my previous post but felt was sort of...unneeded I guess is the word I'm looking for. Thing is I feel the same as you with releases of this nature and maybe having a dropdown window that displays varying prices could be of help. Or even something similar to how when you mouse-over the currency a description pops up. Nevertheless, the notes section is always an option, and in fact, that's what is there for.