VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 15, 2016, 08:42 AM

Can we get an English TL for this, please?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 08:45 AM

Not sure how trustworthy this track list translation is, but it's from the Fairy Tail Wiki:

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Fair...d_Collection_2
Old Jul 15, 2016, 08:53 AM

They obviously use Google Translator. :/
Old Jul 15, 2016, 08:58 AM

Yeah, it would seem like it. Hopefully someone manages to get a better translated track list.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 05:20 AM

Okay, I added my own translation – a few notes on it:

1) I don't watch FAIRY TAIL, but almost all of the tracks have pretty straight-forward translations. I did spend a few hours cross-referencing with various Fairy Tail resources/discussions on the web — I think the translations are fairly accurate. For example, M-1.07 "老魔導士ウォーロッド・シーケン" is referring to a character, Warrod Sequen (I have no idea who that is) as opposed to wikia's translation of Romashirubeshi War Rod Sequence.

2) I took a little liberty with M-1.01, and added a hyphen/en-dash in between "Fairy Tail" and "A New Adventure", so it sounds more natural than "Fairy Tail A New Adventure". Additionally, I did the same for two other tracks with longer titles, M-1.15 and M-1.27, i.e.

Goddess of the Slave Planet Kyouka → Goddess of the Slave Planet, Kyouka
Goddess of the Chill Moon Seilah → Goddess of the Chill Moon, Seilah
Old Jul 18, 2016, 09:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The latest edits to the English tracklist didn't look good to me so I've reverted them. At least for the names, I'm pretty sure the ones used by Hasan are the correct ones used in the anime.
If this isn't correct please leave a post here before editing it again.

EDIT: I've corrected 1.23, the furigana above it reads Oracion Seis.

Last edited by Illidan; Jul 18, 2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 03:07 PM

There aren't a lot of trustworthy translations of this out there. The one called "heavenly wolf orb" just translates to "wolf" in google translate. I looked at Japanese to English dictionaries and the translations for each of the characters didn't make sense together except the translation for "狼" which is "wolf." Jisho dictionary also has the translation "wolf in sheep's clothing" or "womanizer." I think "wolf in sheep's clothing" is much more accurate that "heavenly wolf orb..."