VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:57 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I have a little problem regarding credits for this album..

I based the actual credits on this Japanese website, and like most of the Japanese sources, they credits the four main compositors as Arrangers too.
But on the western websites (including vgmworld) they list them as Performers.

Since Ryuichi Sakamoto & Haruo Kubota are also performers, it could be possible..
Maybe they all are Arrangers & Performers too.

edit: if that can help to find informations, the album have been reprinted a few times [ex: MDC7-1025 (1991/03/21) / MDCL-1247 (1993/09/21)]

Last edited by Myrkul; Dec 27, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:29 PM
VGMdb Advisor

According to this scan of the booklet back (?), they're indeed listed for both, composition and arrangement. Of course, this seems to include all releases of Aile de Honnêamise, since it's a "complete collection".

Last edited by AcidBeast; Dec 28, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:30 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I posted the four-pages sheet scans, huge thanks to colette for providing them.

On the front sheet, top-left, there is a general:
Composed, Arranged and Performed by ...

And when i think about it, if there are "additionnal" musicians, the four composers are probably the main musicians. They did not list which instrument they play though.

The back sheet shows the liner notes, with detailled credits on each track (though only lyrics/compo/arrange).

Last edited by Myrkul; Dec 28, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:10 PM

I just picked up a reprint of this that unless I'm mistaken isn't listed in the database: MDCZ-1222
There is a reference to it on this page: http://www.discogs.com/Ryuichi-Sakam...elease/2283400

What do we do? I want to list it in my collection!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:48 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuya View Post
I just picked up a reprint of this that unless I'm mistaken isn't listed in the database: MDCZ-1222
There is a reference to it on this page: http://www.discogs.com/Ryuichi-Sakam...elease/2283400

What do we do? I want to list it in my collection!
All we have to do is add it as a child album, which I just did.

However, there are a lot of printings of this album. Could you provide some scans to help verify the details?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 03:10 AM
Trusted Editor

I wonder if the publisher is well MIDI Inc.? There's too this label "School" (or SchooL) written everywhere. And it's also marked on the sheet (back for the vinyl) that all titles are published by Yano Music Publishing Co., Ltd. On another side, it's true that the catalog numbers of the differents prints (35MD, MIL, MIT...) make think more about MIDI Inc.