VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 9, 2009, 03:37 PM

Default New video game music website

Hi,

I'd like to call people's attention to remixSite, a new video game music site I've designed with the significant help of Chris, your friendly vgmdb administrator.

The site allows users to post either final versions of their own songs or works in progress, which are indicated by a separate flag. Songs can be rated and reviewed, and artists can post updates to songs (for example, a better quality sample or a remade passage). You can associate your songs to original tracks and search to find if others have remixed those tracks. It integrates with VGMdb's archive to track remixes influenced by game tracks.

Take a look at http://test.remixsite.org and see for yourself. The site needs further testing and I wouldn't consider it worthy of production use until people have messed around with it a bit more. Feel free to upload some songs and post comments. There is a bug tracking system set up and feature requests are welcome.

Please take a look and fool around with some of the features. Perhaps someone might be interested in contacting me to help get the site off the ground from a community aspect - I'm a software engineer and could use someone else's help moderating songs and managing the site.

-Steve
Old May 10, 2009, 08:21 AM

Default Site moved

After some discussion, I thought it would be better to simply launch the site and fix bugs as they come along. As several songs have already been uploaded, there are no showstoppers.

I'll have the database backed up every six hours in the unlikely case that any corruption occurs. Go ahead and upload real data if you've composed your own work.