VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:01 AM

Default To Post or Not to Post

I have several albums not in the database, but that have come under scrutiny as to whether they should be allowed.

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Both are factory CDs and were factory sealed, just like any other legit CD, when I bought them.

I also purchased a game called Battleground: Gettysburg which came with "Bobby Horton's Civil War Sampler"; a soundtrack CD with 10 tracks.

And, lastly (for now), I have a Best Buy Exclusive Game Pre-Order box "Fantastic Four Music Sampler CD". The rear sleeve says "Produced and Manufactured for Activision by Rhino Special Products". I have not played the game, so I can't say for sure if it's the music from the game, but it does not sound like the music from the movie either, so....you tell me.

I have other albums which I acquired at a store called EggHead Software in Las Vegas, NV as promo CDs and also from a small boutique called Kool Kollectables in New Port Beach, CA. I'll dig them up and get the details to see if they qualify for uploading to the database.

Thanx
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:25 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I always though the Emporer's Tomb soundtrack (or at least the 2 CD one) was a rip where someone made fake covers, but if you've got the real thing, and can find enough info to corroborate it, then you can definitely add them. I guess the thing to watch out for is some of the fake CDs that people make and sell on Ebay.

That Civil War sampler sound interesting, and should definitely be added. Some of the others sound interesting too.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:39 PM

OK, thanx.

Yeah, I saw the "2 CD version" for download a while back at MixinMojo.

The Indy and Star Wars soundtracks I have are only one CD version that I bought on Amazon.fr (the french Amazon site). The seller had sold about 20 of them, IIRC, and had received no negative feedback on the sales.

I'll upload them all and let you guys decide.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:52 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich King View Post
The seller had sold about 20 of them, IIRC, and had received no negative feedback on the sales.
This is no real indicator. Take a look at all those bootleg sellers on eBay -- positive feedback all the way.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich King View Post
Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
I'm willing to bet those are bootlegs. Without a doubt. Being factory sealed has nothing to do with its legitimacy/authenticity.

In regards to the Fantastic 4 CD, the last track, although it is used in the game, it's actually from the movie.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:25 PM

Yeah...no one was alledging that being a factory CD and being sealed made them "legit". I was only conveying information as to their origins in contrast with the downloadable files from MixinMojo.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoZeke View Post
In regards to the Fantastic 4 CD, the last track, although it is used in the game, it's actually from the movie.
Correct, since it was by John Ottoman.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
This is no real indicator. Take a look at all those bootleg sellers on eBay -- positive feedback all the way.
Yeah that always cracks me up, I look at the CD and know its a bootleg and then marvel (and shed a tear) for all the people who buy them not knowing and give positive feedback. Though I always find that somewhere in their feedback there is at least one person who gives negative feedback and mentions bootlegs. Happened to me when I first started collecting, ended up with the bootleg versions of Ocarina of Time, Hyrule Symphony and the OoT Arranged Album, man was I pissed when I found out Still don't own a legit copy of Hyrule Symphony.