VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 17, 2020, 02:09 PM

Default PCCA-06023: BRAVELY DEFAULT II Original Soundtrack

Hi,

Anyone has a link for Amazon Japan ? Looking for the limited edition but can't find it.

Supposed to be sold there but not listed on the official website: https://lnk.to/R_L_BD2
Old Dec 21, 2020, 06:58 AM
Trusted Editor

@Kane The Amazon Japan pages are up, but you can't preorder it yet. https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08QNFCM3D/
Old Dec 21, 2020, 07:08 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
@Kane The Amazon Japan pages are up, but you can't preorder it yet. https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08QNFCM3D/
Great, thanks for the link !
Old Dec 21, 2020, 07:19 AM
Trusted Editor

Actually, it looks like this is another release that Amazon Japan isn't shipping outside of Japan. The listings are actually up but have the "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location." labels on them for me.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:33 AM

I mean, if you're desperate, CD Japan has it listed as well: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/PCCA-6023
Old Mar 2, 2021, 09:24 PM
Trusted Editor

For when the full track list is revealed: It looks like there was a typo for the last track on Disc 3: https://rlbd2.ponycanyon.co.jp/news/post/193
Old Mar 4, 2021, 01:10 PM

I have a huge backlog of music before I get to this one. Would like to hear some thoughts on this soundtrack.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:51 AM

I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this album as well. I enjoyed Revo's work on the first Bravely Default and was wondering if the quality was just as good on this one too.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 04:15 AM

I found it somewhat weaker than the first, but still good and well worth a listen, and probably a purchase for Revo fans. If I'd give the first a 5/5, this is a 4/5. Many tracks feel less developed and certainly less lavishly arranged than their nearest BD1 counterparts, particularly the town, dungeon and overworld themes (with some exceptions). The battle themes are the biggest highlight, and there are nearly twice as many as BD1 had. While, again, I don't think most of them reach the heights that BD1's boss themes did, they (as well as the ending vocal theme) come closer than anything else on the OST to matching up to their predecessors.

It also feels like Revo consciously aimed for a slightly different style, or perhaps it's just the natural consequence of going 8 and a half years since BD1.

Last edited by preta; Mar 5, 2021 at 05:08 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 07:09 AM

So what the heck IS disc 4 anyway? The tracklist seems to indicate some of it's just a repeat of earlier music, including some being the same length but having longer titles (such as 3-2 vs 4-7), or just....variations on the title? (like 4-1 referencing all four crystals instead of just the first, and 4-5 being four dungeons).

What a weird and bizzare release....
Old Mar 18, 2021, 07:54 AM
Trusted Editor

Disc 4 is mainly the different variations of the dungeon tracks in the game, and some unused track I think.
Old May 1, 2021, 07:53 PM
Trusted Editor

This may be unnecessary but now that we have official translations for discs 1-3 from the digital release, is it possible to get a re-translation of the bonus disc that follows the naming conventions for the extra tracks?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
This may be unnecessary but now that we have official translations for discs 1-3 from the digital release, is it possible to get a re-translation of the bonus disc that follows the naming conventions for the extra tracks?

Yeah, would like to see this.