VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 9, 2012, 01:41 PM

Is there are logic to assuming the "SUZUKI" here is Yoshihisa Suzuki, who was also credited beside Ryo Yonemitsu and Yoshio Tsuru on Perfect Collection Sorcerian? Having said that, I must concede that the two Suzuki's tracks sound nothing alike.

Although now that I've gone and mentioned it, the arrangers for specific tracks aren't even identified here, so my information in that regard may be inaccurate. In which event the two Suzukis could sound more alike than I currently discern.

Last edited by Garnobium; Jun 9, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:15 AM
Trusted Editor

Thankfully this album offers a complete arranger and performer breakdown in the booklet (which I added). However, this is one weird collaboration. I don't understand how Yonemitsu got to work on an ADK/SNK album. Strange record indeed.

Last edited by suicider; Feb 7, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 01:22 PM

Yeah, but it made an awesome album even that much better. I always loved Mighty Stroke, makes sense that it's Yonemitsu's doing.

For track 10, I'm not seeing how we got to the translation we have. 如く just kind of disappears, and it seems a shame not to take advantage of 散る when it often refers particularly to blossoms or leaves scattering. I see something more along the lines of "Like the Dancing Wind and the Scattering Blossoms". I haven't checked other translations.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:02 PM
Trusted Editor

I think this album is only 'good' and miles away from the very good follow-up ^^;
But that's just my opinion.

PS: added them scans
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:18 AM

Hmm, that one I haven't heard. I played both games though, WH2 for the SNES and WH2Jet for the original Game Boy. Wow, it's been quite some time now. As much fun as I had with WH2, Jet was somehow leagues better still. I remember opting for my Game Boy over my SNES whenever I wanted to play some World Heroes. Then when I got a Super Game Boy, it was the best thing ever to happen to my life.

Good times with these games, and good music. I think the reason I like this image album is because it makes a lot of the songs into something I want the originals to be; it doesn't feel as much as an "arranged version" as it does an upgraded version of the songs that I could actually play the game to. Looking at YJA, these CDs go for pretty cheap, so I think I'm going to purchase this one and probably Jet's Image Album, if I like it when I listen to it (as I'm sure I will).
Old Feb 8, 2014, 01:55 PM

I agree, this album doesn't blow me away, but there's enough greatness in the 17 tracks or so to warrant listening. I wouldn't pay big bucks for it, but it has some classic stuff on it...Fjord, the 3 Yonemitsu arranges (although Murder D is the real highlight), Johnny Let's Dance, Russian Speculator, Mongolian Hurricane, Swordswoman Who Holds a Grudge and both of the Muscle Power themes (cheesy but fun).

Jet Image is shorter and has some real stinkers mixed in, but the excellent tracks off of it beat the excellent tracks off of 2 (Nice Guy of the Seven Seas from Jet is PERFECT). And WH Perfect Image was all around average to me. I remember it had one great rock song on it, then not much else.