VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:14 PM

If we have SA-CD, why not add HQCD, SHM-CD and Blu-spec CD to the media format list?

For instance, the media format of this album is not a conventional CD - it is an HQCD.

I know they are all CD (compact disks), but even a SA-CD is a compact disk... I don't know if that matters.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:25 PM

I've already asked for that, and the answer was no
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hm.

SA-CD was mostly added due to the existence of separate commercial releases for CD and SA-CD versions of a particular album -- but if we're going extend this further it may be better to create a sub-format field instead. Another new field worth considering would be the size of the media, since currently we have no way to distinguish between regular CDs and mini-CDs, for instance.

I'll create a new thread in the submission guidelines forum eventually to discuss this.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsblade View Post
For instance, the media format of this album is not a conventional CD - it is an HQCD.
This press released in 1992 isn't HQCD

HQCD is the re-print released in 2010 (COCX-36146)
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COCX-36146

Since it is just manufactured with a better material and runs in any CD-Player like a standard CD, i don't think a good idea creating a new field for it

Alternative Technologies for the compact disc will always exists, and for some of them, the modification made is not really a big impact for considering them something special than a standard CD, since the engine is still the same and usually only the increasing of the data size is the main point.

Last edited by Maze; Jun 20, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:51 PM

Sorry folks:

"Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!" -- Tsukino Usagi, "Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon"

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:57 PM

On reading "Meatball Head," I was going to set this as a localized tracklist, but would a localization be appropriate? I mean, did the dub(s) use the original music?

Also, can someone confirm whether or not these tracklists are too literal?

I want to change The Starry Sky is Mysterious to The Mysterious Starlit Sky & A Scatterbrain is Born to Scatterbrained by Nature (as in born a scatterbrain).
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:05 AM

I used "meatball head" because, iirc, it's used in the localization version
just for convenience to be honest

I changed scatterbrain, but I disagree for mysterious, a translated track must be close to original, your translation sounds like the original was "fushigina hoshizora" (that is not the case)