VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:02 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Confusing soundtrack i must say. Or at least confusing tracklist..
Here's a few informations AcidBeast told me about that disc (he's one of the few owners of this album)

Quote:
The soundtrack is no actual audio CD but a DVD. It contains the soundtrack in several audio sequences (AC3, Stereo & dts). As you can see here, the disc contains 1:09:25 of music, spread over 33 chapters. (chap 33 has a playtime of 0:00 mins, though) So you get the 32 tracks, which can also be found on vgmdb's entry.

I see that the one who came up with the tracklist matched playtime with tracktitles. However, at least one tracktitle is wrong ("Asians", it says "Asia" in the booklet), but more important: Since there were no titles given on the DVD, how can one be sure that "A new world" is actually "A new world"? Especially with some tracks having an almost identical playtime
Maybe the tracklist from the booklet is reflecting the "Music" directory of the game, if i remember you could listen to the music easily. I think the tracklist was created using these files.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 04:24 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Maybe the tracklist from the booklet is reflecting the "Music" directory of the game, if i remember you could listen to the music easily. I think the tracklist was created using these files.
I installed and registered the game and there is no such thing as a music directory. However, there are 5 rda files. I extracted them and found the soundtrack in the fourth directory. You can see the content here.
All of the mp3s are at 160kbps and as it seems "Asians" is indeed the correct file name.
In conclusion, the tracks listed in the booklet is the complete set of music, but the actual soundtrack only contains some elected tracks.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 06:49 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I changed "Asians" to "Asia" since it says so in the booklet. The files you get from the music directory partly differ from the official titles (see picture). So you can see that "Asia" for example is titled "39_maintheme_asians".
The same goes for "Apples in the trees" (Apples in trees), "Rich Merchants" (Era rich merchants) and "Battleground" (Battlegrounds).
I also have to mention that some versions in the game (like Apple in trees) differ slightly from the versions on the Original Soundtrack. One reason more to rename them to the listed ones.
Also, the capitalization now is consistent with the original titles. The former tracklist varied much between the use of small/big letters.

Last edited by AcidBeast; Jan 16, 2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:01 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I removed the 'catalog no' because it actually was the label code.