VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:59 AM

It could be just about PSO, like Phantasy Star Series 25th Anniversary Sound Collection, but who knows if something from PS also slips in the set. ;-)
Old Apr 10, 2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckain View Post
It could be just about PSO, like Phantasy Star Series 25th Anniversary Sound Collection, but who knows if something from PS also slips in the set. ;-)
They made a poll about what games/music we would want to be feature in the concert. Phantasy Star I, II, III and IV music was on that list.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 02:26 PM

Here's a Youtube promo video about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6iqoUdtIqk
Looks like there's a bunch of Phantasy Star titles included, even PS I-IV.

But even if there was a poll I guess it's closed by now, since this event already took place on March 30th, 2013 in Japan. In the same youtube video description it says that all attendants with the tickets will receive codes for obtaining various items and 4 BGM discs. So the whole concert will stretch onto 4 CDs. If this is the real thing, than it could be the true arrangement release that all Phantasy Star fans were waiting for.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 06:43 PM
Trusted Editor

wow nice. sega often forgets about it's past catalog (unless it's sonic) so I'm looking forward to this.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLO View Post
But even if there was a poll I guess it's closed by now, since this event already took place on March 30th, 2013 in Japan. In the same youtube video description it says that all attendants with the tickets will receive codes for obtaining various items and 4 BGM discs. So the whole concert will stretch onto 4 CDs. If this is the real thing, than it could be the true arrangement release that all Phantasy Star fans were waiting for.
I don't know if you can still vote, but here is the poll: http://sega.jp/phantasystar/
Old Apr 21, 2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLO View Post
If this is the real thing, than it could be the true arrangement release that all Phantasy Star fans were waiting for.
Already got that.

http://vgmdb.net/album/2359
Old Jul 23, 2013, 06:22 AM

you sure about that catalog kirafreedom?
2cd+dvd should be WWCE-31301~2/B
Old Jul 25, 2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckain View Post
Unfortunately it seems that PSI~IV music will only be on the second track called “Phantasy Star Medley for Sympathy 2013” or something like that.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 05:48 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
"Performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Masamichi Amano"
I know this has been answered somewhere on this forum before (probably), but can conductors be linked up as arrangers?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:08 AM

what's the link between burning rangers and the pss?
just because some bgm is used in some ps games? it's more featured than real game no?

a bit like those featured songs in super robot wars (we don't add the anime in the product field)
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:28 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident93 View Post
I know this has been answered somewhere on this forum before (probably), but can conductors be linked up as arrangers?
Kinda late answer - no, not as an arranger, not as a performer (this was also debated), there are no 'linkable' roles for conductors. Only section where they can go atm is the notes.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Only one old PS track ... Big time fail ...
Old Nov 12, 2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki View Post
Only one old PS track ... Big time fail ...
Yeah. What a waste. And it's a frickin medley.

8 minutes, bunch of tracks from 3 different games. Bleh.
Old May 14, 2014, 06:29 AM
Trusted Editor

The artists on this album are all wrong, at least the performers. I don't know where the information came from, guessing someone just pulled artists forward from their respective albums but disc 2 tracks 1,2,5 are all the same female vocalist.

I'll update from inserts when I get home, I waited til today so I could listen to it to confirm because the insert info is sparse.

Also, the band/vocal tracks on disc 2 are SO BAD. and the DVD it comes with isn't a DVD of the performances (part of why I bought it...), it's a DVD of the video footage they put on the big screen to accompany the orchestra/band (like how FF concerts play FMVs). They show the orchestra and MCs at the end when there is some talking and Q&A but no actual performances are on video. What a huge disappointment. Buyer beware!