VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:54 PM
Trusted Editor

It appears that this album contains the same music that you get from the Special Soundtrack, but without the bonus disc.
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/cate..._10547_50.html
Old Mar 22, 2016, 02:49 PM

Those tracks are recycled from Star Ocean 3 (and Director's Cut) and Star Ocean 4.

Disc 1: Welcome to the Darkness, Hour of Judgment, Momentary Reprieve, Good Morning, Miss Vineyard.

Disc 2: BrassWings, Take off From Home, The Outbreak of War, Arrhythmia, The Desolte Smell of Earth, Roles to Play, Calm Mind Reflected in the Pupil, Powerbroker, Lakes and Marshes with Doubt, Silk Road in the Sky II.

Disc 3: Wild Fight, No End in Sight, Event Horizon, Shotgun Formation, Tears in the Sun Make a Rainbow, The Divine Spirit of Language, Walking on Air, Imperial Garden.

Disc 4: Cosmic Voyagers (Peace & Love Mix), Influence of Truth Appearance, Seeker, Confidence in the Domination (Band Recording), Do Evil.

And maybe Incarnation of Devil and Mission to the Deep Space.

So 72 themes, 27-29 recycled, around 43-45 new themes.

PS. Pre-order open.

Last edited by Eriksharp; Mar 23, 2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 04:19 AM

Sakuraba's comment:
"This title, I was desiring it so much that composing the soundtrack was very very fun.
In this soundtrack, is not just new music, there are songs from previous works.
Those who played the previous games will enjoy it and remember some scenes.
On the new songs, I've made band style music with live instruments. The live instruments I used were Drum, bass, Hammond Organ, part of Guitar, Violin, Viola...
For the Orchestral style music I used Violin and Viola when was possible.
At the beginning I was worried about the balance of mixing previous games' songs and new songs but they doesn't differ so much, you can distinguish from where is every song but I think it's ok.
You can enjoy diverse era of Star Ocean, If you enjoy the soundtrack I will be happy."

If there is any english mistake, please tell me :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChNRMiuWUAAyEX4.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChNRQIfW0AEhon8.jpg:large