VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 25, 2022, 03:33 AM

Has anyone listened to this album? Is it any good? Someone gave it a 0.5 rating and I'm wondering why. The music is composed by Michiko Naruke, so it can't be that bad, can it?
Old May 25, 2022, 04:08 AM

This is one of Naruke's best. Some of the of the most unique and interesting compositions on the SFC/SNES, but probably not for everyone.
Old May 25, 2022, 04:26 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It's largely minimalist music, in the Steve Reich sense. I quite like it, in fact it's the only thing I've heard by her that I really like, but don't expect typical Naruke fare
Old May 25, 2022, 05:20 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinHarmony View Post
Has anyone listened to this album? Is it any good? Someone gave it a 0.5 rating and I'm wondering why. The music is composed by Michiko Naruke, so it can't be that bad, can it?
As CHz said, if you go in expecting Wild ARMs music, you're going to be at the very least surprised—if not disappointed. I've listened to it a few times now and it's growing on me. It's not one that I'll listen to that often, unlike the first Wild ARMs soundtrack (which is how I was introduced to her music), but it's definitely worth checking out in order to hear a very different musical side of Naruke.

Last edited by Chris Porter; May 25, 2022 at 05:33 PM.