VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Miscellaneous > Archives > Game Remixes Forum Archive 2009-2012
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:46 AM

Default Plans over the next month

Hi,

I wanted to make a post to state that I'm still alive and that I've been working feverishly on the site this weekend. Currently, I'm trying to implement a fully functional compos system. Because the system should be flexible enough so that everyone can use it, not just the Composition Combat series, I want to make sure that the base architecture is right so that it can be expanded later.

So far, the following has been accomplished:
  • The ability to create and edit compos
  • Scheduling submission and voting times
  • Viewing a list of active and pending compos
  • Viewing details of a compo
  • Viewing announcements made by the compos' coordinators
  • A new interface that simplifies managing songs, toplists, and compos into one page
  • Uploading images

and the following remains to be accomplished:
  • Adding and editing compo announcements
  • Submitting songs to compos
  • Creating voting lists for compos
  • Storing and viewing security data for viewing by compo coordinators
  • Displaying results and prizes

I'd also like to thank another member of the community for volunteering to help out with the site's development. While I work on compos, he will be able to assist with other features and bugfixes. To protect his privacy, I'll let him make a post if he chooses to be identified.

In the meantime, I'd like to find someone to assist with organizing the next compo so that I can concentrate on development. There are still no volunteers. Remember, the volunteer cannot enter the competition. Since the song featuring scheme wouldn't be available unless we significantly delayed this next competition, I'm willing to fund this competition myself. I'm also willing to fund one month's worth of prizes for Dwelling of Duels if Paragon decides to use the compos system for a one-month trial period when it is released.

Good times are coming! Feel free to offer comments and suggestions.