VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > News and Announcements
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 30, 2009, 08:10 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Submission Feedback

One thing we've been lacking is a convenient way to give inexperienced users some feedback on their rejected submissions. To remedy this, we've given staff the ability to log a short informative message when rejecting a submission. Additionally, a rejected submission now automatically triggers a Private Message, which is sent to the submitter and contains the staff feedback, as well as some further options.

This feature is now implemented for the most commonly rejected submissions - new albums, album edits, new tracklists, trackilst edits, artist edits, and new websites. In time, I'll get this added to the remaining submission modalities and also incorporate the staff comment into the edit histories.

As always, if you find a bug in the process, or have some suggestions, please don't hesitate to post here.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:25 PM

When I click to the "my submissions" button, I get to see a list of fields I edited, and if they are approved or not. However, tracklist changes aren't shown here. Is this normal?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Tracklist changes haven't been implemented yet, since we're going to have major changes to the tracklist system.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:58 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

How does that work ?

Does the contributor get 1 message per rejected submission?
Or 1 message for all the rejected changes & submissions per entry?

Don't you think the second solution would be more suitable?

Another question, do you got a PM if you do not post any message in the field before rejecting a change?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:15 PM
VGMdb Administrator

You get one message per set of changes, meaning if an album has 3 edits, you get one message instead of three. (this is most important for tracklists.)

As it stands right now, a message is always sent. I guess you are hinting that a "stealth" rejection might be useful.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:33 PM
Banned

Default Submission Feedback

Can yall outline whats required for How-To submission, such as topic length min/max, image hosting requirements, etc? Also, what manner should one submit them?

I notice theyre useful, but few and infrequent. Ive been thinking about a few that might be good additions in the RTC age.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWaaaa View Post
Can yall outline whats required for How-To submission, such as topic length min/max, image hosting requirements, etc? Also, what manner should one submit them?

I notice theyre useful, but few and infrequent. Ive been thinking about a few that might be good additions in the RTC age.
I'm not sure what you mean. We have guidelines for editing album pages and submitting new ones. There is no hosting or length requirement, but we like to see accurate and complete submissions.