VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 4, 2016, 02:53 PM

I can only point that in 2002, I discovered a website that pointed out PAROME as unit project with Toshiro Yabuki, Tsutomu Ohira, Hayashibara Megumi and Okui Masami.
I do speculate that Okui Masami worked much more in Saber Marionette J to X, therefore she was part of PAROME for Saber JtoX.
Toshiro Yabuki and Tsutomu Ohira makes sense to me, as they had other projects like Vink, and shared compositions in other soundtracks like Megami Paradise, Shadow Skill and others.
I also speculate that Osamu Tezuka, which also has worked with them many times before, might also be a part of PAROME. Osamu Tezuka did the music for the Saber Marionette Drama Cds, and there is indeed some similarities in certain PAROME compositions with Osamu Tezuka, mainly the electronic cues.

If anyone comes up with more info then what I had in 2002. It would be awesome.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%9F...BF%8A%E9%83%8E
If I understand correctly... PAROME is Okui Masami and Toshiro Yabuki. And she was in charge of Saber Marionette music during her pause period.

Last edited by RomanticScent; Sep 4, 2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 03:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The Vink article says PAROME (パロメミュージック) was the predecessor of Yabuki's current production company, P.M CREATORS, and that Yabuki & Ohira were part of it. Bassist Hideki Sato joined the company later and says Yabuki was the representative director.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%9F...BF%8A%E9%83%8E
If I understand correctly... PAROME is Okui Masami and Toshiro Yabuki. And she was in charge of Saber Marionette music during her pause period.
Doesn't say that Okui was a member, but that Yabuki did produce Saber Marionette music under the PAROME name yeah (not necessarily all of it though).

EDIT: Probably Kenji Soeda too, since he sang "again [PAROME Version]" and the composer, arranger, and lyricist are all the same as the original version.

Last edited by CHz; Sep 4, 2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 01:53 PM

very very very late to reply
i assumed Okui Masami was part, as she is credited in scat on Jto x on one track. she has no songs whatsoever on Saber Marionette series