VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:14 AM

Default Kazuhiro Nishida (#34176)

Hi! I edited Kazuhiro Nishida profile adding his Japanese kanji name. This edit was rejected. I understand. The information comes only from this Japan Wikipedia entry about ASO II.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASOII

In the right panel you can see the "美術" (music) area, with おさかようこ (Youko Osaka), 田中敬一 (Yoshikazu Tanaka), 北村芳彦 (Yoshihiko Kitamura aka Jojouha-Kitapy) and 西田和弘, who I think is Kazuhiro Nishida.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 02:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've seen that kanji on WP and a couple of other Japanese sites, but I've never been able to find any official sources to confirm it (I don't believe it's ever appeared in a game or on an album), so I don't necessarily trust that it isn't just something that someone made up and other sites copied. The closest I've been able to find is that "KENNY西田" is allegedly given in the Psycho Soldier strategy guide, though I haven't personally seen the original material to verify it.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 02:52 AM

I understand. I'll search for official material with his name written in kanji.

I've been watching some staff rolls from SNK arcade games and I find that KONNY appeared in a lot of them instead of KENNY, including Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury. Some Japan Wikipedia entries like Garou Densetsu credit KONNY (not KENNY) as 西田和弘 again. If KONNY is actually KENNY, maybe is more easy to find kanji info from Garou Densetsu, and VGMdb could merge KONNY and KENNY profile pages.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 03:48 AM
VGMdb Administrator

KENNY is for sure Kazuhiro Nishida, based on the credits of Iron Tank; the US version credits him under his real name and the JP version credits KENNY.

I think KENNY probably isn't KONNY, though, since they're both credited at the same time in a couple of different games (P.O.W. & Fighting Soccer). But it's a possibility