VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 3, 2020, 05:04 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This was just announced and pre-orders are going to go live soon (as of my writing this). The biography is 440 pages and is in French, but they said they may release an English version if there's enough demand for it.

A CD is included with the Collector's Edition and has 7 tracks, including a composition specially written for this book. This edition is limited to 1,000 copies.

I'm not sure if the English print of the book (if one does come out) will also include a Collector's Edition with the CD.

Here's a link to a Twitter post:

https://twitter.com/Pixnlove/status/1234870508555948032

And Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/wayorecords...23727567667124

Last edited by Chris Porter; Mar 3, 2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:20 PM
Trusted Editor

Pix'n Love's Amano book was translated to English and had a very similar collector's edition for the translated book as well. Fingers crossed that this will happen here also.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 02:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Hey, I'm the coauthor of this book. I really hope an English version gets made at some point, we are definitely trying to do so!

I also need to mention that the publisher mistakenly called this "Solo & Arrange Works" when it's actually not arranged at all. 6 tracks are from already existing albums (from Dog Ear Records' catalog), but the 7th track is indeed a new piano piece written by Uematsu for the book. So the name of the disc will probably change at some point (probably to "Solo Works"). It's really nothing more than a small bonus for the collector's edition.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 02:32 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Hey, I'm the coauthor of this book. I really hope an English version gets made at some point, we are definitely trying to do so!

I also need to mention that the publisher mistakenly called this "Solo & Arrange Works" when it's actually not arranged at all. 6 tracks are from already existing albums (from Dog Ear Records' catalog), but the 7th track is indeed a new piano piece written by Uematsu for the book. So the name of the disc will probably change at some point (probably to "Solo Works"). It's really nothing more than a small bonus for the collector's edition.
Congrats on the book and thanks for the update. I would 100% buy a copy of the book in English if it gets made. I’m rooting for you!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:05 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post

I'm not sure how expensive translation is but you could always try to crowdfund an English version.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 04:44 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I've changed the sample image to the updated one with "SOLO WORKS" printed on the CD instead of "SOLO AND ARRANGE WORKS". I've updated the title.

I've also added notes about which other albums tracks 1~5 appear on and that track 6 was composed specially for this release.

I've removed "arrangement" from the classifications.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 07:38 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Nice to know of your contributions to the book, Zanasea!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:46 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks guys! And thanks for the ideas regarding the English release. We're exploring options at the moment, and crowdfunding is one of them. We've learned quite a lot of great stuff from Uematsu, so it'd be waste not to share it with the whole world
Old Mar 7, 2020, 09:34 PM
VGMdb Staff

Congratulations on getting the book published Zanasea! I hope you find some way of getting it released in English, I would love to read it
Old Aug 9, 2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
I've also added notes about which other albums tracks 1~5 appear on and that track 6 was composed specially for this release.
Just FYI, noticed a slight inaccuracy on the track numbers in the Notes section. Last two sentences refer to M5/6 respectively, when it should be M6/7.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 07:26 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenissimusDux View Post
Just FYI, noticed a slight inaccuracy on the track numbers in the Notes section. Last two sentences refer to M5/6 respectively, when it should be M6/7.
Thanks for catching that! I've added the M5 note that I must have skipped over when writing that:

M5 "Hikkari Pikkari" also appears on Nobuo Uematsu's 10 Short Stories [DERP-10007]
Old Aug 9, 2020, 09:16 PM

Yes, I would really hope for an English translation as well, as I already said in the Nobuo Uematsu thread earlier. I'm sure Kickstarter would be an excellent solution for this.
And if this one is successful, maybe other works can be published in English as well.